Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38pm - Mar 18,09 
Fished below Geneva, and Batavia dams today from 9am to 1sh. Saw a few guys out fishing but didn't see anybody cathing anything, unless me snagging a carp counts. Well it was nice to fight something. The river was moving pretty good at both locations still. Thinking of hitting the Yorkville area tomorrow, hopefully will have something to post about.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:51pm - Mar 18,09 
Is the river wadeable yet or is it still to high? I would love to get out and get a few fish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:33pm - Mar 18,09 
I wouldn't wade alone! Tomorrow me and a buddy are gonna try the waders, but probaly stay close to shore. I'm a little gun shy after taking a bath last year early in cold water temps. Better safe than sorry.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:05pm - Mar 19,09 
I was out today with my brother and seen the DNR shocking the river near silver springs. We didn't catch but one walleye, that was a pig for the length. 18" after that the shocking took its toll on the creek no bites after that. March 19 2009

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:53pm - Mar 19,09 
Hit the Yorkville dam today, 1 walleye about 17" or so. My buddy and I were able to wade out, but it was deep. My elbows were getting wet, and my sweatshirt soaked up that water so we only stayed out 2hrs. The wind picked up pretty good, it gets chilly when your in the middle of river. All in all it was nice to get out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:49am - Mar 20,09 
were you able to get across to the other side? At least you got a fish. How bad is the construction? Can't wait to get out there. Also don't get too close to the dam because last year I got a $75 dollar ticket from a yorkville cop. People were way closer than I was all day but he decided to bust me. I guess since I speak english he figured he would bust me. I wish they would get the dnr there and bust people that take every fish they catch. I have seen guys take 8" smallmouth and whatever it is they catch. Just leave us sportfisherman alone please!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:26am - Mar 20,09 
We did not try to cross to the other side, but 2 other anglers walked back across the bridge and down the hill and were able to fish the other side. The other 2 anglers were fly fishing, I found that interesting. I did not see them have any success either. I'm sorry to here you got ticketed. I saw some anglers actually fishing in the construction pool. The construction created a big eddie close to shore, that is where we waded to farther into the middle away from shore anglers.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:55pm - Mar 20,09 
Thanks. Sounds like I might just wait a week or so. It isn't worth going in the river for a days fishing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:35am - Mar 21,09 
Whats been working for the fish, live bait or jigs?? Have not fish the river much, sold my boat last year and have the time now with a recent layoff. Like to give it a try and regain some sanity.
Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:02pm - Mar 21,09 
We used jigs tipped w/minnows, but live bait rigs always seem to work too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:42pm - Mar 21,09 
I almost always use a bobber with a #6 hook and a single split shot and a minnow. Work the current breaks and and best thing is that it catches everything in the river. If you just want to catch fish give it a try.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:50pm - Mar 23,09 
Well, gave it ago today between 1 - 4 at the Montgomery dam, no luck. Was casting a jig & plastic minnow. Few other guys there, did not see anyone catch anything, maybe next time.
Scatter

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: