Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 07:13pm - Mar 5,09 
Fished the Fox River from 4-6 PM today. Caught 5 big carp and 1 really nice walleye that spit the jig and twister at my feet. Was a nice windy 60 degree day. It felt good to get out and cast.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 06:03am - Mar 6,09 
Used to fish it daily at lunch at the last job. Was the river high and muddy?

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 07:15am - Mar 6,09 
A little high, very fast, with lots of junk carried down... tree branches, lumber, a couple paint cans, a basketball, etc. My daughter thought she saw a text book from her school float by. :D

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:25am - Mar 6,09 
Bearsfan wrote:
A little high, very fast, with lots of junk carried down... tree branches, lumber, a couple paint cans, a basketball, etc. My daughter thought she saw a text book from her school float by. :D

did you catch all that stuff too Jeff? Re: the text book floating by- bet it was a kid fishing upstream. I was studying for an exam once and my text slid down the rock and into the water!

It's that time of the year for rivers. Well now you got your "feet wet" and can't wait to go out again!
Can you eat the fish from there- like that nice Walleye??

Happy fishin' :D

B.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:53am - Mar 6,09 
I was out yesterday casting on the desplains river and i seen a seringe floating by .I think their is certain things people need to dispose of properly. Well nice to hear that you got out to wet a line bearsfan, FEELS GOOD DOESNT IT :D !Good luck with your fishing catch some more of them EYES!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:00am - Mar 6,09 
I don't have a lot of experience river fishing. There are many others here who do, especially the Fox River.

Bruce, let me actually land that big walleye before I worry about if he goes under the knife or not. :D

No but seriously, I know folks eat fish from the Fox River. I don't. If I were to eat river fish around the area, I think I would consider it from the Kankakee (K3).

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:36pm - Mar 6,09 
Bearsfan wrote:
Bruce, let me actually land that big walleye before I worry about if he goes under the knife or not. :D

No but seriously, I know folks eat fish from the Fox River. I don't. If I were to eat river fish around the area, I think I would consider it from the Kankakee (K3).

no matter where you go, some advisories apply. Lots of people catch and release these days. I do like to eat a few.

I knew a fellow who's Grandpa ate catfish from the Hudson River all his life and he was 80+ yrs old. Most of his life the only fish that could live there were catfish and eels. Now there's all kinds of great fish!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:52pm - Mar 6,09 
Big old golf course pond bass taste best. :D Pretty sure all that fertilizer makes ya hallucinate when ya eat 'em :peace :D

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: