Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:18pm - Mar 2,09 
Does anybody know how to get to the boat launch near the I-90 bridge? I drive over it all the time and don't see anybody there, Is it a worth while place to fish ? If so what for and what kinda rig do I need? 8)~

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:09pm - Mar 13,09 
Voyageur Landing is located on Frontage Road (Airport Road) via Route 31, along Fox River, below I-90 Tollway.

http://www.kaneforest.com/fp/map/VoyagersLanding.pdf

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=elgin,+il&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.122306,56.601563&ie=UTF8&ll=42.068124,-88.283772&spn=0.01561,0.027637&z=15&iwloc=addr

There is also another launch of Slade street on the other side of the river. The Voyagers Landing launch is in A LOT better shape and is not as steep.

Note I have only launched a canoe but I have seen speed boats through that area.

For our first canoe trip we landed a nice pike and catfish. Both released.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:05pm - Mar 13,09 
Head 31 north, take right at Alexanders (airport rd) take another right at Holiday Inn. Stay on that rd past Holiday Inn and cracker barrel and take a left into voyagers before you go under bridge. Been fishing it for 15 years.

the only problem is the pier is out of water in early spring and they pull it in early fall. Water at launch is about 2 ft(if that) but haven't ever had a problem launchin the 21 ft Triton there.

The other launch at slade is better cause it's deeper but depending on boat 2 people is better. depending on situation, best smallmouth water on Fox, hands down.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:49pm - Mar 18,09 
Thanks for the directions.Someone told me to pick up the Sportsman's book for northern Il. and it would show all the launch sites for rivers and lakes.It's good to know which one is better. I guess a road trip is needed. Has anybody been out since all the rain last week?

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: