Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:47am - Nov 16,08 
Got out last night around 6:30. Second cast we both get hooked up and it looks like it's gonna be an awesome evening fishing. I get mine in and it's a pig. Twenty five inches and real thick. Paul gets his in and what we thought was gonna be another monster turns out to be about 14". His line got crossed with mine when we were landing them I suppose.

So after a quick picture of the beast, untangling and checking lines and knots we regroup and go right back at it in the same spot. It took about a dozen casts and Paul gets hooked up again. This one is definately bigger. Giving a good fight. When it gets close enough I can see it's not hooked that well and as it gets closer I can see the front hook had come out of his mouth and the rear hook is hooked under the gill plate. I grabbed the line, (big mistake and I knew it) and pulled the fish up and over land and after throwing a tantrum and some acrobatics he comes loose and falls in the water right at our feet. Paul tried grabbing him but unless you have some formal American Indian training I don't think it really possible to bare hand a 16" walleye in five inches of water.

Guess what happens next?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

I guess that's kind of a lie. I had two more bites all night and in my haste I think I pulled the lure away from them. Paul had one more bite but never got buttoned up.

We thought it was gonna be an fast action night given our start of a Double but the Fish Gods had it otherwise.

Three and a half hours of fishing and three fish. Good company and some fun story telling. All in all a pretty good evening.

Again, minnow shaped baits. I was using a Rebel minnow, 3" long, black and silver. Paul was using a fake Yo-Zuri looking minnow shaped lure. I think it was one of those Renegades. His was mostly green in color. We threw all kinds of lures but those are what the fish hit.

Deep water with a slow current.

I'll post the picture as soon as Paul sends it to me. He's off hunting this morning.

P.S. The water is down a bit from Wednesday.

Last edited by Cranked on 07:29pm - Nov 16,08, edited 2 times in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:51am - Nov 16,08 
nice job out there man! tried givin ya a call later in the afternoon, but i felt horrible all day yesterday, did nothin but lay around and sleep all day. wasn't plannin on gettin out. i still dont feel 100%... lets see them pics!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:56am - Nov 16,08 
I saw you called after I got in my car to go home. For some reason my ringer isn't working. It's stuck on vibrate. Maybe my wife will like it. :lol:
My buddy has the picture. I gotta wait for him to get back from hunting Bambi and send it to me. Patience my good man. LOL

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:10pm - Nov 16,08 
I can't for the life of me figure out how to post the picture on here.
Im thinkin maybe I need to be a member for a little while longer to have that kinda access?
:help

Support Staff

Location: SW Florida, Smokercraft 192 Ultima,115 4 stroke Mercury.

Post Posted: 12:16pm - Nov 16,08 
Cranked wrote:
I can't for the life of me figure out how to post the picture on here.
Im thinkin maybe I need to be a member for a little while longer to have that kinda access?
:help

You need to register for Image Hosting first.

http://www.chitown-angler.com/2fish/register.php

Then follow the directions here:

http://www.chitown-angler.com/1coho/gallery.html

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:35pm - Nov 16,08 
Cranked,
Try this.

Its not hard, just a lot of steps:
Before trying to post a photo make sure the photo has been re-sized for posting.
I use Pixresizer at:
http://www.download.com/PIXresizer/3000 ... 07499.html

its free. re-size your photos to post and save them in a location you can remember.

Than while in http://www.chitown-angler.com/1fish/index.php:
1) Click on Photo Gallery (3rd button from the left)
2) Click on "Login"
The user name is the same the password is different. Ask admin for a photo posting password.
3) Once you see the WELCOME msg, click CONTINUE.
4) Click on "Create/order my albums..."
5) Click on new and create the album where you will store and organize your photos on an ongoing basis
6) Click on Apply modification
7) Click on "Upload file"
8) Click on "browse" line to upload your photo
9) this browse location, is the location on your PC
where you saved your photos
10)once your done, click on CONTINUE
10a)Now depending how many photos you uploaded it will show a msg that your upload was successful or not. If successful, click on CONTINUE
10b)Now for every photo you successfully uploaded you have to assign a place to reside in the Chitown
server. This is the album name your created earlier
in steps 4-6. Once you placed them the album that they will reside in, now you will see a msg that says "The previous file was placed successfully.

You have successfully placed all the files."
Click on CONTINUE:
11)Your photo(s) will appear among other photos.
12)Click on the photo you want to post
13)In the bottom of the photo there is a Location named "[Copy this img tag]"
Place your mouse over the location of your photo.

Highlight the hole thing.

14)Once highlighted, right click on the highlighted
area and click on "copy"
15)Go to your post you started and want your photo to appear.

17)right click your mouse and click on "Paste"

submit your post and your photo should appear.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:30pm - Nov 16,08 
Thanks Dajord. I couldn't have done it without you.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:46pm - Nov 17,08 
Thanks for that picture posting tip, I caught my first keeper eye on the Kankakee this weekend and couldn't figure out how to post a pic. Mine was only 19.5 inches. You guys are catching monsters, nice work.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: