Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:37am - Nov 14,08 
I just heard on the news that three young men died on the fox river one boy was found two are still being looked for very sad news.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:43am - Nov 14,08 
Yeah, 1 was recovered they found the other 2 but but have to get a crane because they are entangled in submerged tree. What a shame. Seems they were out in paddleboats and one didn't have the drain plug in and started taking on water.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:13am - Nov 14,08 
They stated the curent was strong in that part of the river so even if they could swim it must have not done them much good.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:22pm - Nov 14,08 
Crazy... That's pretty much why I'm done wading for the year. The river is too unpredictable, and even if you CAN swim... and swim well, the water is so cold(sub 40 degrees), you're not going to last more than 5-10 minutes in it. You really have to hope you just wash into some kind of structure that you can grab onto and last out the hypothermia. Several times we've been out now and the current picks up pretty much out of nowhere. Really sad.

Anyone know where this happened?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:40pm - Nov 14,08 
i heard from a guy i work with that lives on the river in algonquin that it happened up above the dam a little ways up river from it. the river opens up like a lake right up there... it's sad to see this kind of thing happen. ive read they were model students, at the top of their classes, apparently one was top 10 of the senior class. i think maybe they were bored and goofing off and decided to take the paddle boats, or some kind of foolish dare put them up to it. who knows what really went down though. just have to wait for the details to keep coming out.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:45pm - Nov 14,08 
its very unfortunate. a lot of teens do dumb things. its just their nature. hell, i did a lot of dumb stuff when i was a teenager. these kids didnt have a fortunate outcome though

Chitown-Angler

Location: Bartlett Il, - 2001 Lund 1800 Pro-V Yamaha 150 V-Max

Post Posted: 06:09pm - Nov 14,08 
Just saw it on the news....very sad story

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:45pm - Nov 14,08 
The Fox can be a dangerous place. I live a mile from the river, have waded and the speed of current, temp can be decieving, let alone at night in the cold and rainy conditions last night. Thoughts and prayers to family and loved ones. godspeed

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: