Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:33am - Nov 13,08 
Got out to the C-ville area with my buddy Bob. We fished a stretch he's been fishing for 20 years down south of the dam from 8pm - 11pm. Not a whole lot of action but the two fish we did hook into were nice :D Both fish came casting jerkbaits cross-current on the edges of deep pools next to fast moving current. Both were in the 23-26 inch range. I threw purple and Bob threw black/gold. Water levels continue to rise and water temps continue to drop. Was a nice night to be out though, air temps in the upper 40's which made the night in the river much more comfortable than the last couple of outings. Was fun, thanks for joinin me Bob!!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:45am - Nov 13,08 
Hey you forgot about the Rapala you found and "The Adventures in Rod Recovery" :lol: It was a fun night to say the least. I'm looking forward to fishin' with you again.

Last edited by Cranked on 11:02am - Nov 13,08, edited 2 times in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:51am - Nov 13,08 
lol that i did... bumpin bottom with a jerkbait i snagged myself a nice rapala... must not have been there long cus the hooks aren't even rusted! lol. also decided while i was retying that id drop my rod in the water... spent 20 minutes lookin for it draggin our feet on the bottom lol. im still amazed we found the thing in the dark with the way the river was movin. from here on out that rod gets slipped in my waders or belt anytime i re-tie. i would have been po'd if i hadn't found it. was an eventful night! welcome to the site btw and lookin forward to the next time we can get out. :helloooooo :P

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:01am - Nov 13,08 
Nice fish Pezdek, The Fox is HOTT these days!!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:42am - Nov 13,08 
Why do i even go to Bay De Noc :humm

Nice job out there guys.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:05pm - Nov 13,08 
Those are some beauties.

Nick, when are we gonna go fishing?!! We can talk hockey out there too! :)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:14pm - Nov 13,08 
Anytime man. Pm me your number and ill give you a call, we’ll figure out a day. Might be out this weekend depending on the weather, we can hit the dpr or the fox, whatever is cool with me. Let me know!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:38pm - Nov 13,08 
I'll be out there this weekend for sure with a few buddies and will get our 4 man limits of eyes for sure. We are going to pound the fox for the next couple weeks.

Who wants to come out on the fox and catch walleyes. I'll show where and how just shoot me PM. Guaratee!

Last edited by Legend075 on 03:43pm - Nov 13,08, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:41pm - Nov 13,08 
perhaps, depends on where im fishin and what the weather is like! good luck out there.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:34pm - Nov 13,08 
Legend075 wrote:
I'll be out there this weekend for sure with a few buddies and will get our 4 man limits of eyes for sure. We are going to pound the fox for the next couple weeks.

Who wants to come out on the fox and catch walleyes. I'll show where and how just shoot me PM. Guaratee!

:lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:47pm - Nov 13,08 
legend! i would like to go with you guys...i live in elgin so u say the time and the place...i cant pm you cause i need 7 posts..just hit me up when your going...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:38am - Nov 14,08 
Nice Walleyes. I'm so glad to see the fox producing so well. I saw your fishing partners post of where you started and where you moved to. I have been getting some nice ones in that area, even nice smally still. Fishing that fast current and deep water break with the water coming up like it is isn't easy. You must have had to play those fish towards the west bank to get those pictures in shallow water.

Why the blacked out background in the picture, its forest on one side and a park on the other, no real features or lights in that area? Unless you really waded a long way down.

Q

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:25am - Nov 14,08 
im normally not one to black out pictures as many can attest to, people have actually gotten angry at me for not blacking them out, :oops: but with a couple of big breeders I didn't want to give an exact location, even considering the fish migrate quite a bit up and down the river. there were a couple of key landmarks showing in the back of the one pic. we started at the dam and the fish were caught further down south of there past the park and gazebo, etc in that area. not sure exactly how far down we got. yes the fish were worked to the west bank. the water got pretty bad last night, couple spots we had to move through were almost strong enough to sweep us off our feet if we weren't careful with our steps. I do know the minute a foot came up in some areas my other one was almost being swept out from under me with the way the current was moving. not sure if it'll be wadeable this weekend or not... :(

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:50am - Nov 14,08 
With the rain, probably not. It was barely wadable the other night. That's ok. There's several good shore spots to hit up for the walleye.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:45am - Nov 14,08 
gentlemen its awsome to see the fish your catching being a life long resident from area i just started fishing the ol fox again would love to go out with you guys so pm me im in the huntley area hey ill buy dinner or beer lol again i enjoy pics shore fishing would work

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:37am - Nov 14,08 
Nice fish guys, and don't blame anyone for blacking out the background and protecting the fisheries.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:04am - Nov 14,08 
it may be wadeable, in algonquin the CFS is showing at 1000 or so, which is very wadeable. we'll have to see if it keeps raining throughout the next day or two to see what happens. I do know it's cookin at about 2500+ CFS way down south in montgomery down to dayton, but up north here it's not too bad.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:56am - Nov 14,08 
I didn't mean to rag about blacking out the background, I didn't think you were wading that far downstream because of where you started. Until you get by Otto, there are not any light/landmarks to worry about. I was interest to know if you were in the same area I was catching them but you must be further down. I'll be further down stream this weekend if the water raises and current is too strong to get to where I have been fishing.

Q

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: