Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:32am - Nov 11,08 
Fished from 11pm-1am and all I can say is, it was COLD! The water clarity is still looking good but the level has rise 6-8". The water temps are definatly in the low 40's. Worked jerkbaits in Chart and purpler in the calm eddies next to a few holes with a jerk jerk pause pattern. Got 5 eyes between 12-17" all release. The bite was very light, just a tap. I couldnt get pictures as my carmera froze on me witch sux but will be out agin tonight. I have a feeling the big boys will be out the next couple of days.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:42am - Nov 11,08 
sux about your camera dude. hope that works out for you. nice job on the eyes, the big ones are coming...

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:50am - Nov 11,08 
Gettin close to a full moon aren't we Larry?.......

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:14am - Nov 11,08 
SpecialEd wrote:
Gettin close to a full moon aren't we Larry?.......

:D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:22am - Nov 11,08 
Nicely done! I am still in search of some of those! I have dialed in on some big crappies but still in search of the walleye! I have been braving in out in the boat the past week and will keep up for another couple.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:29am - Nov 11,08 
Me and a friend hit up the Fox on the north end of the boat. We also drove up by the dam. The water was clear and deep but we did not see one fish> We also fished in midday. Any pointers on how to hit them in that area???

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:33am - Nov 11,08 
Never fished open water by the boat only through the ice but I can tell you this the eyes are there in good numbers. :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:39am - Nov 11,08 
Legend, ever fish up by the Mchenry or Algonquin area? I just moved to C'ville and have been hittin that stretch with some pretty good results. Might plan on puttin on the waders here soon and tryin that if the boat gets too cold. Is the C'ville area pretty easy to wade?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:12pm - Nov 11,08 
By the dam yes but further down river I wouldnt risk it especially in the dark becuase there are alot of deep holes that I found the hard way and if you dont know the area well it could dangerous. I have never fished Mchenry area before but do know the Algonquin area pretty well which I do most of my smallmouth fishing there. :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:27pm - Nov 11,08 
Thanks for the help! I am more interested right now in finding some big eyes. I guess I can give C'ville a shot and go from there. I will keep on those nice crappies I have found lately too! Good luck down there and let us know how ya do!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:12pm - Nov 11,08 
My brother and I were out in C-ville last night near Otto's. The water is a lot colder than it was just a few days ago, you are correct. I took out the thermometer to see just HOW cold it has gotten, and it was between 40 and 42 degrees. This is a big drop from the high 40s it was a week or so ago. Maybe they started letting more water down from up north? We haven't had any rain/snow that would bring the water up that much, have we?

We didn't get too much fishing in, as we weren't prepared for the guides to be freezing up as much as they were. Had a lot of VERY light bites, as you said, but didn't land any fish(unless we count the 4-5" variety). We did a lot more navigating and avoiding those deep holes you referred to, than fishing. :wink:

You're a braver man than I, planning to fish the next few days. Lots of rain in the forecast, and freezing temps. That's going to make for some very difficult/uncomfortable fishing. That's for sure.

Last edited by Ed1979 on 02:44pm - Nov 11,08, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:41pm - Nov 11,08 
so are you fishing from shore or are you in the water? what side? i wade south elgin all the time but the water is super clear right now and very shallow...i've been to the damn but not familiar w/otto in the water..just curious...any help would be great!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:44pm - Nov 11,08 
We waded, but, with only breathable waders, I think our wading is about done for the season. :lol: The water definitely isn't shallow near Otto's. We've waded south Elgin several times, but you really have to wade quite a bit to find deeper water there. Most of what we waded was 1-2 feet deep. The dam area at South Elgin has some deeper holes by the bridge, but there are almost ALWAYS people there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:54pm - Nov 11,08 
so if your fishing from shore at otto what would you suggest?i'm thinking of going out in the next few nights!they also say the bridge under route 12 holds pretty good eyes too!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:16pm - Nov 11,08 
And Muskies too :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:50pm - Nov 11,08 
thanks for the report. hope to hear more soon

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:35am - Nov 12,08 
I wade Cville alot. From the Dam down to Main Street bridge, which is past Otto's there is little trouble at normal water levels. From the downstream side of the first island to the old RR bridge by Otto's all you need to do is stay out of the main current that runs along the east side, which is strong at any level.

As always don't wade at night without knowing the area.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:06pm - Nov 12,08 
nice job out there. i should be out tonight somewhere if the river and weather allows for it.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: