Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:51pm - Sep 8,08 
Hello everyone. I am going to be moving near the fox river in a few months and thought i would do some research on how the fishing is in the area being that i will be living minutes away. I was also thinking about buying a canoe to do some fishing off of so i think most of my fishing will be between the south elgin and st charles dams. How is the fishing in that area? Is easy to fish with a canoe?

Thanks for the help.

Vince

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:29am - Sep 11,08 
hello vince as a matter of a fact i have been fishing that pool for the last three weeks,and it seem,s to have a good population of flatheads & channels, I hear the smallies are great along with a few walleye , pike and muskey as well , as you mentioned the canoe i see them all the time ,i would caution during high water stage , current real picks up, good luck and welcome to foxvalley Tim G

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:26am - Sep 11,08 
Welcome to the site Stu and Tim, I'd rather wade or buy a 10-12' jon boat for those pools than use a canoe. There is an abundance of fish in that stretch of the river as Tim said.

"If you ain't fishin you ain't living"

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:44am - Sep 11,08 
hello kyle, thanks for the welcome, i read ed,s post where you guys had a great time down on the lower fox, glad to hear , i havent been out for a few days were going to give it a shot this evening , T,C Tim G

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:52am - Sep 11,08 
Tim, Ed told me what happened on the other site...I hope you enjoy this site and I know your definelty going add a lot of value to the catfish forum. I enjoy reading your posts.

"If you ain't fishin you ain't living"

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:23am - Sep 12,08 
StuGotz wrote:
Hello everyone. I am going to be moving near the fox river in a few months and thought i would do some research on how the fishing is in the area being that i will be living minutes away. I was also thinking about buying a canoe to do some fishing off of so i think most of my fishing will be between the south elgin and st charles dams. How is the fishing in that area? Is easy to fish with a canoe?

Thanks for the help.

Vince

I have a canoe and it is a great way to go through the fox. I just float it. I personally like it more then a jon boat.. but then again I am not afraid to take it in low water and push it through the rock...
not too awful worried about high water either.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:09am - Sep 12,08 
thank you kyle , i also enjoy reading your post as well , one of these days you want to wet a few lines in the foxvalley area give me a p,m thanks again !!!!

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: