Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:42am - Sep 7,08 
So, its back to high water and chocolate milk visibility just like most of the year. The Fish were in a normal summer pattern till this last rain, and now they are pretty scattered. Caught 3 smallie in a hour yesterday but did a bit more walking then usual to get that first bite. Stick close to shore if you are wading yesterdays flow was 2400 cfs and wicked to get near in the channels.Today we are just under 2000 cfs so I would expect the fish to be a bit off and in slack water. Post if you get out I'd like to hear how everyone else is adapting to this new rush of high water.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:52am - Sep 7,08 
nod, your coming in loud and clear sorry I don't have any thing to report

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:51am - Sep 7,08 
nodding........just waiting for the water to clear up before heading back out.

I've been thinking about the differences this year and last when we got a big rain storm the end of August last year. I think we got more rain this time, but it's been so dry the water just soaked in the ground compared to ending up in the river like it did last year. The river didn't rise as high and has started to come down alot sooner this year than last. Last year's rain led to real good fishing for me when it came up by targeting back water areas which became plentiful and which were high and dry last week and of course are filled with water now, but draining much sooner. I just want that real good cold front to come through and get the big fish eating again. I just love it when those 8 to 12 inchers turn into 2 pounders overnight.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:36am - Sep 8,08 
nodding...

I was out on Sunday. Ready to wade, but seeing the water was up. fished from shore.

Caught one at 12" two 10"'ish and one 4".
They were all in slack water next current - quite a change from last week when they were all caught in fast current.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:41pm - Sep 8,08 
Nodded...Was out Saturday for 4 hours wading South Batavia area with nothing to show for it. Not even a bite. River was of course high, fast and dirty.

Now with todays rain its going back up again. Dang! I missed the spring due to high water im sure hopin the fall turns out to be better.

Maybe its time to focus on Kings for a couple weeks. Until thigs return to "normal" again.

T-bo

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:28pm - Sep 8,08 
I was over on the Dupe the Sunday for about an hour and caught a couple decent sized fellas along shore right at the fast water. Used a little jig/spinner combo. Going to try and get up to Batavia or maybe just the dupe again tomorrow. I'll let ya know what I find if I go.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: