Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:25pm - Aug 22,08 
Headed to N Aurora for some morning fishing. I had hit it with a partner las Sat & we did very well downstream from the array of lines in the water (if you know what I mean). Anywho, no partners with today, headed to the same general area today to see if the fish were hanging in the same spots. All fish were caught off the edge of fast moving water, dropoff near or not. In fact a few came in less than 2ft of water, I assume they chased the bait in. Early color of choice was a white venom twister tail on a plain 1/16 oz jig, a little later they preferred a chart/pumpkin helgie on same jig head. Only a couple of nicer 14"fish the rest smaller, but man they all put on a fight like I have never quite experienced. Many good jumps & runs into the current, thought I had bigger fish the way they fought today. They tore the heck out of my baits today as well, many times I pulled my bait in with very little or nothing there, something that doesn't usually happen with the frequency as it did today.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:09pm - Aug 22,08 
Way to go! Ita always a good day when they are tearing apart your lures! Good luck the rest off the year!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:10am - Aug 23,08 
was out later that day under the bridg saved a sucker and got 3 luers for helping him
just slow no fish in the eddies fast curent to shallow hit all my honey spots nothing to braggg about nice to get out

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:43pm - Aug 23,08 
saved a sucker? too bad I missed you. I actually left at 10. like you said nothing huge but fun

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:50pm - Aug 23,08 
was casting undre bridge when i felt a strik and then saw a line pulled it up their was a fish not on my line but another their was 3 luers sticking togather shad rapp a spinner and a rattel trap hook was in this suckers moth walked over removed hook from said sucker and cut lines whola

Kev I think i just missed you had bigchappy with me next time we'll get out

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:58pm - Aug 23,08 
steve spiz spizewski wrote:
was casting undre bridge when i felt a strik and then saw a line pulled it up their was a fish not on my line but another their was 3 luers sticking togather shad rapp a spinner and a rattel trap hook was in this suckers moth walked over removed hook from said sucker and cut lines whola

Kev I think i just missed you had bigchappy with me next time we'll get out

I think I saw you guys there. If it was you I drove by in the Mini van asked how the fishing was. I was checking out the boat launch at the park. Nuisance goose season is approaching fast.

Me

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:40am - Aug 24,08 
8 days.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: