Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:00am - Aug 11,08 
Okay guys newbie to the sight. My wife, daughter and I are moving into the area and I have an 18' Tracker Targa that I used on Lake Erie while we have lived in Ohio. I saw in McHenry alot of boats this past weekend on the river. How far South could I fish with my setup? I have been reading on this forum, but my knowledge is pretty basic to the Fox. Just looking for boating info, not your honeyhole's. I will be using the boat mostly for the big water chasing salmon, perch and smallies, but the river looks inviting and river smallies are just a hoot to catch.

Thanks in advance.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 04:30pm - Aug 11,08 
Welcome to the site and the area. as far as the fox goes, I personally stay off the river in the summer months it is a pleasure boater nightmare, If you like Musky fishing the Northern lakes ie channel, marie etc have good musky fishing. I know alot of guys also fish bass, walleye, crappie and cats. a person to check out on the site is JD spinners he knows the river like the back of his hand. check out his reports for info and whats going on. If you need help on the big lake don't hesitate to ask, a alot of us fish out of Waukegan for salmon, perch etc.
give a shout on channel 68 if you are out there and we are due to have another salmon outing soon.

Ignorance and Apathy, I don't know and I don't Care. W.C. Fields

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: