Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:26am - Aug 6,08 
Can anyone tell me how the river level is (lower Fox)after the storms we had earlier this week? Looking to get out for some cats.

"Like minnows in a bucket..."

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:33pm - Aug 7,08 
It went up alittle over a foot, and has been falling since. Right now it's at 6.64 at Dayton. I think it's perfect right now and slowly falling a bit. Go get em.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:10pm - Aug 7,08 
I brought my boy (5)out for a couple of hours below the Dayton dam this evening. We were just using Sonny's and got 4 cats(no real size to them, biggest was 15") and missed a bunch of taps.
I'm planning on getting out again tomorrow and bringing a few more choices for them to get their jaws on(crawlers,cut bait,livers,and a couple of live gills).Maybe get some sizeable fish :wink: :D

"Like minnows in a bucket..."

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:13pm - Aug 7,08 
That sounds good joe,

Keep us updated. Cat fishing is really fun when you get on them like that.

Thanks

George

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:11am - Aug 8,08 
Check out the link at the top of the page here called USGS RIVER FLOWS...

You'll get a list of guage stations (about halfway through is the Fox River stations) and they'll tell you what's up—or down—with the river. You can check out the levels and water flow (important, too) and relate that to a day you are out and what to expect. You'll get a feel for how hard the waters pushing, spots you can and can't wade to, or even when the fishing may be good or bad... generally the fish need some time to settle after water is going way up nd back down in a short period.

Sometimes you may find the levels are up without rain, as its been this summer. The Army Corps left the gates at McHenry and Algonquin wide open for quite a while to basically drain Wisconsin and the Chain from all the water they got earlier this summer, and avoid possibly losing a dam or two. They also open them in the fall to bring the levels in the Chain down and avoid ice damage in the winter. Just a check of the USGS site and you'll have a good idea.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: