Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:41pm - Jul 25,08 
Want to hit S.Elgin Sunday. Anyone put the waders on lately? Is it SAFE???

Fran 8)

Ice Auger Blade Sharping

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:59am - Jul 26,08 
I turned away on Friday morning. If I had a partner with I would have attempted it. I went to Yville. It was just at my upper limits of feeling safe. I hit the creeks instead.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38am - Jul 27,08 
Fran, Did you make it out to South Elgin? I have never waded there, but work in town so I see people wading when the water is down. Haven't seen anyone out as of late. I was out yesterday for a bit in Batavia, but the water is still not low enough to get around. IF you stand near the channel it is not very comfortable or conducive to fishing. The Fish are moving out a bit from shore but not very far from the first current break or stream. I was down at BATAVIA Bait and Tackle yesterday talking with the owners and they have said things are slow... with the high Gas and high water , bridge construction etc,it is a shame to see them struggling. I love the place and the people who run it, it is a step back from the hustle and bustle of everyday living... Everything a river bait shop needs to be but not enough customers or sales to make it thrive!!They will order anything you may need I'm looking to pick up a couple of bait casters for Muskie Fishing, But I don't have enough spending capital to help them turn the tide in their struggle to stay open. Take care everyone I believe the Fox doesn't get easy to wade till its below 1000cfs. I did walk across yesterday on a sand bar that runs across the river but I really wonder why I thought I had to do it other to prove to myself I'm not that out of shape or getting older, obviously I'm not getting any wiser either :roll:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:55am - Jul 27,08 
What a great report FM. I have had only 1 chance to wade this year and that seems like months ago. This high water must becoming from the north. I to seem to not get any wiser. Noing that the level is higher I still get the urge to go.

Thanks again.

Fran 8)

Ice Auger Blade Sharping

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: