Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:26pm - May 4,08 
Spent a few hours on a fox river trib in Elgin today....OUTSTANDING RESULTS. No pic's but I will remember to bring it with me next time out. Started throwing a small rooster with no luck. Switched over to a Gulp minnow on a jig head again with no luck. Then put a twister tail on and look out...1st cast and picked up an 18" fatty. 2nd cast 16". All told today I picked up about 2 dozen bronze back beauties. A few dinks but mostly 12-13". I also got a nice carp prolly over 6 lbs and 30" long. Now for the best part about a 14" Black crappie. WOW I couldn't believe it. If it was in a little cleaner water, I would have had it for dinner.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:46pm - May 5,08 
Outstanding.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:56pm - May 6,08 
Made it back out again today. Same spots, same bait.. Not even a sniff. Water seemed a little clearer, not sure if that had anything to do with it unless I just spooked em.

I'm still thinking about that crappie. That was the biggest I have caught in Illinois, and for that matter one of the biggest ever. Are they common to the fox and creeks in the area? I'm freakin out about it. Makes me want to jig some tubes in the holes.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:28am - May 14,08 
Nice Job! I catch 11 & 12 inchers all the time and there only about a pound or so at best. The state records 4lb. 8 oz. So they can get huge.

http://www.rendlake.com/pages/recreatio ... ecords.htm

You know... the best thing about fishing the river is you just never know what your gonna get. One cast a dink, the next could be a state record. Keep on fishing.

T-bo

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: