Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:26pm - Apr 23,08 
Hello all,
I was looking for shore fishing spots around the fox river forest preserve. Preferably an accessable spot that is walking distance to parking. My 8 months pregnant wife has got addicted to fishing so I thought it will be great if there is an easy access spot. If nothing is on the river, any suggestions (lakes) between the fox and lake michigan are welcome.
Thanks in advace, and happy fishing to y'all.
V

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:15am - Apr 24,08 
Hey V, not exactly shure where your at but I would advise caution anywhere around the Fox river at this time of yeat. River is still cooking above 4000 CFS. THat doesn't leave alot of open fishing spots along the river. The Forest Preserve lakes offer a safer alternative. The West Branch Forest Preserve (Deep Quarry Lake) off Army Trail and Fairoaks has excellent paved easy access to the lake and piers. More importantly quick easy access out should you need to beat a hastly retreat due to your wifes delicate condition. Good luck (fishing and with the baby)

T-bo

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:23am - Apr 24,08 
You could try Silver Springs outside of Yorkville. If the river is too high you can fish the ponds.

"Like minnows in a bucket..."

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:06pm - Apr 24,08 
I have not been there this yr but u could try boyscout island boat launch St charles I saw people fishin there all last yr has parking 100ft from river flat ground .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:48pm - Apr 28,08 
i got a few spots pm me

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:30am - Apr 29,08 
Thank you guys for the reply, the idea of flooded river scared my wife, so we might wait a week or so untill the river calms down.

jspecex, unfortunatelly I couldn't PM you, because I am still "new" in this forums, and apparently I haven't cought a trophy fish yet.

we live around mundelein, so anything around there (east/west) would be perfect.

Thanks again,
V

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: