Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:51am - Apr 4,08 
The river temperature was 38º this morning. The river is up from last week at 5,320 cubic feet per second in Montgomery, Illinois. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/il/nwis/uv?05551540 The water is stained with visibilities at about 6”-10”.

Your best bet for catching fish this weekend is to find some back-water and use large or X-large fatheads. We are still receiving quite a few reports of walleyes and crappies. We have also been getting reports from a few lucky guys who have caught their first smallie of the year! :D Just a reminder that Trout Season starts at 5am Saturday, April 5th! A sure sign of spring!! :wink: So if you’re planning on heading to Blackwell, Pratt-Wayne or Silver Springs because of the high river level, be prepared for some competition! In addition, if you decide to hit the Batavia area, the Wilson Street Bridge will be closed till about 5pm on Saturday, so be prepared for some detours! :cry:

Good Luck out there! 8)

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:40pm - Apr 7,08 
I think i met you Bataviabaitandtackle about 2 weeks ago behind funway. If it was you you were takin some pictures of the river. Anyway I was wonderin wat the best bait and location in that area for walleye is. I havent had much luck on the Fox so far this year. Is the 31 side better than the 25 side? Is there any productive pools?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:32am - Apr 11,08 
That area is usually fairly productive on either side when the river levels are in the typical ranges. However, with the water being fast and cold the fish move into slower moving pools or anywhere they can escape the current. The best bait for this time of year is typically large or X-large fathead minnows for the most bites.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: