Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:51am - Mar 22,08 
FISHED WITH LOOSECANNON DOWN AT YORKVILLE DAM YESTERDAY AND TODAY.WHATCHED SOME JACKA-- KEEP TWO LITTLE EYES THE ONE MIGHT HAVE BEEN 12"THE OTHER MAYBE 13.5.. THAT SUCKS!!!.SAW A GUY KEEP ONE ABOUT 8" AT MONTGOMERY LAST WEEK.YOUR NOT GOING TO GET ANY MEAT OFF A 12" WALLEYE.WHAT A WASTE..SORRY HAD TO VENT,MY2 CENTS...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:25am - Mar 22,08 
Understand the vent, but...

Personally I prefer smaller walleye.. They taste much better than the larger ones... Yes, you have to take twice as many to make a meal, but in actuality, it probably helps the fishery when there is a good base to start with..

Taking "trophies" is what gets me riled.

Taking a mature fish out of the loop just for the purpose of a wall decoration.. burns me up. :nb

Rich T

BTW.. How was the fishing?

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:27pm - Mar 22,08 
I THINK ITS STILL A 14" MIN LAW ON THE FOX

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:47pm - Mar 22,08 
Didnt know there was a size limit, my bad.

Never fished the Fox before, but want to.

Rich T

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:37pm - Mar 22,08 
THE FISHING HAS BEEN GOOD FOR THE LAST MOUNTH.WE HAVE COUGHT A LOT OF NICE EYES,AND EVEN GOT 4 SMALLMOUTH BY THE CRAP PLANT ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO.ALL FISH LET GO.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:41pm - Mar 22,08 
Linestecther I totaly agree!!! Im pretty sure I met you 2 weeks ago on a monday when I was down at Yorkville. I cant tell you how many places I fished in the past 5-10 years where the abundance of fish have gradually disappeared through out the years!! Now I have fished places all over in wisconsin,minnesota, and missouri to name a few and I was totaly impressed on how much everyone values the rules and regulations for fishing on that particular body of water had! Thats why they are such great fisheries!!! I just wish that I would see that carry over to the places around here!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:40pm - Mar 22,08 
The minimum size limit for Walleye statewide in Illinois is 14" except as specified in site specific regulations. Those site specific regulations may increase but never decrease the minimum size limit. Local regs can also establish slot limits and lower daily creel limits as well. I have less problem with people taking a trophy than people fishing for a species when they don't know the regulations (and keeping undersized fish). Bottom line is if you don't know the regs for it, don't fish for it. Regulation booklets can be found anywhere licenses are sold as well as the Illinois DNR site and there is a link here on the forum home page. No excuse for not knowing in my humble opinion.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:57pm - Mar 22,08 
WALLDOG YES THAT WAS ME ON MONDAY.WE HAVE BEEN DOING GOOD,FROM MONTGOMERY TO SILVERSPRINGS IN THE LAST WEEK..WAS NICE TO MEET YOU.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:45pm - Mar 22,08 
Was nice to meet you too! Was always curious about silver springs. Im wondering if there are good areas to fish from shore in there or is only good by actually getting in the water? Im definately not asking to give up your hot spots through out there cuz I know how important they are to fisherman and all the time they put in to finding them. Was out this past monday at the same spot and only managed 2 walleye. Im sure that stiff east wind had something to do with it. But silver springs always intrigued me. Any info would be great!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:27am - Mar 23,08 
WALLDOG CHECK YOUR PM!!

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: