Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:39am - Apr 4,08 
Jeff K wrote:
I completely agree, I would never eat a Smallmouth anytime, regardless if it was legal, and certainly not from a stream, the quality of Big Rock.

The better the quality of the stream, the better tasting the smallmouth. I have a Smallie Taste Test going on this year. Review will be out in September or October.

I think you need to get involved with the Big Rock Creek Watershed group, or the Kendall County Conservation organization. You would know that there is a planned strip mine pit currently up to get permits. It will run along the creek north of Route 34. It's not getting much attention and it needs to be stopped.

If the dam in Plano is an issue, then talk to the city about having it removed. I believe they own it. The land on either side of the dam is city park property now.

In other words, instead of sitting around whining about fishing impacts and minnow fishermen, do something positive for the creek.

Get involved, protect it, make it better.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:09pm - Apr 4,08 
Just yesterday 04.03.08 I talked to a DuPage Co. DNR. Now this is exactly what he said, just to sum this all up. I had another CTA member w/me so he is a witness to this and this DuPage Co. DNR was VERY educated on this.

According to the DuPage County DNR guy. Wading is now legal in all rivers, all area's, State Law NEW. If you see any signs that post NO WADING or NO SWIMMING as is the sign at the Warrenville Dam. They will be removed soon as to avoid conflicting stories.

Now the County DNR(Any County) can only enforce laws up to the water line. If you are in the water wading the laws are enforced by State DNR and/or State Police. Now remember Motorola can get State Police and State DNR.

This information was given to us at the Warrenville Dam. The reason that I asked him is cuz the sign there reads NO SWIMMING and I asked him if I'm wading am I breaking any laws? Reason I needed to know exactly, is cuz ANY ticket yea I mean ANY ticket can and will void my PROBATION.

:mrgreen:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:44pm - Apr 4,08 
Ken G wrote:
Jeff K wrote:
I completely agree, I would never eat a Smallmouth anytime, regardless if it was legal, and certainly not from a stream, the quality of Big Rock.

The better the quality of the stream, the better tasting the smallmouth. I have a Smallie Taste Test going on this year. Review will be out in September or October.

I think you need to get involved with the Big Rock Creek Watershed group, or the Kendall County Conservation organization. You would know that there is a planned strip mine pit currently up to get permits. It will run along the creek north of Route 34. It's not getting much attention and it needs to be stopped.

If the dam in Plano is an issue, then talk to the city about having it removed. I believe they own it. The land on either side of the dam is city park property now.

In other words, instead of sitting around whining about fishing impacts and minnow fishermen, do something positive for the creek.

Get involved, protect it, make it better.

The Dam is gone, it has been for about two years. I will be contacting locals about the strip mine pit, to see about it. BTW there is a Gravel Pit on the south side of Rt. 34 already..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:17pm - Apr 4,08 
The Gravel Pit that is being proposed doesn't run along the creek. We have several gravel pits south of rt. 34 that are next to the creek. There is some great fishing in them, but they are private. If the city could make the gravel pit that is proposed into a park after it fills with water it would be another good place to fish. Bob H.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:59pm - Apr 5,08 
fishinguy2 wrote:
The Gravel Pit that is being proposed doesn't run along the creek. We have several gravel pits south of rt. 34 that are next to the creek. There is some great fishing in them, but they are private. If the city could make the gravel pit that is proposed into a park after it fills with water it would be another good place to fish. Bob H.

Like I thought.

Once again, I still would NEVER eat a smallmouth, no matter what piece of water I am fishing. Panfish, Walleye, and Catfish taste good too, no need to take something from a small stream which resides in the suburbs of Chicago.

Now if you're talking Dams, Blackberry's should be the first to go...

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: