Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:36am - Mar 7,08 
Seen a car at one of my favorite Fox tribs. yesterday & it got me thinking: I have noticed a dramatic decline in water level over the past week in this trib. Thinking about hitting it on Sunday. Whatcha think? Am I overanxious to use the long rod again or maybe will I get lucky & hook a few. Where I am thinking about fishing is where it dumps into the Fox. The Fox is high & muddy & the trib is dropping & clearing, sounds like a winner I think.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:15pm - Mar 7,08 
Sounds like a good recipe for a jig/twister minnow combo. :D I'm taking the boy out Sun. for some ice action before it's gone. Let us know how it goes. :)

"Like minnows in a bucket..."

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:19am - Mar 9,08 
Went this morning. I had to go to Yville baitshop since my Sandwich guy doesn't open till later & I hate buying minnows out of machines (sorry Lance). The plan was to hit it in Yville for a little bit & then head to the trib. Well, the water was very high but not as muddy as I thought. Actually I thought for being as high & as fast it was rather clear. So change of plan. We waded from the bridge to the dam with little success. First time out with long rods brought with it again the learning curve. Water was way to high to wade around so we stuck closer to shore. We worked different combinations of jigs & tails with and without minnows to no avail. A few hits and no real takers. By the time we worked to the dam we were feeling the effects of the breeze that kicked up & decided that maybe next weekend may produce better results. First skunk of the year seems to stink a little more than any other in recent memory.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:14pm - Mar 16,08 
I am going tomorrow, I need to fish; kind of sick and tired of sitting here.. :cry:

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: