Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:17am - Feb 23,08 
Looking to go out today along the fox. Used to the DuPage river & wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction between these three towns along the fox. I'm coming from Plainfield. Any help would be great. Oh, yeah going for smallies or walleye.

Grigg

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:09pm - Feb 23,08 
Grigger, sorry man I just saw this post.

I love fishing Oswego, Ken showed me a place to park there but I'm directionally challeged and could tell you how to get there to save my life.

Andrew, where's that parking lot just down from the bridges.

Good luck man.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:16pm - Feb 23,08 
their is the VFW hall in mongomery then the crap plant just futher down on the west side their is both dams for eyes (bring minnows) their are lots of nooks craneis I fish all over there any time give me a pm we'll hook up best luck

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:06pm - Feb 24,08 
Look at the post about crap plant fishing a little further down. Until warmer weather in March, I never bothered going anywhere else. Come March, no more ice floating down the river. Just came in from exploring the shores at saw wee kee park down from Oswego. Biggest ice flows I've ever seen on the river.

That being said, if you're really desperate, I also stopped to look at the Yorkville dam. Since it's been rebuilt, they have stopped the flow on the south side. Eventually going to be a fish structure/canoe type of chute. This stretch has always been good to me for walleye. It really looks promising now. Even in this crappy weather. Looks like the whole south side down from the dam is relatively quiet water. Perfect for cold water walleye.

The river is high, flowing at 2500. Park at the lot down from the dam. Go down the stairs and into the water. You'll be standing in a big dip in the bottom of the river. Current shouldn't be an issue since the dam is blocked.

It will make sense when you see it.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:29am - Feb 26,08 
Thanks for all the help, I was a little impatient on the replies & picked up & went to the duper instead. That was a mistake, didn't have much luck. For sure next time going to make it to the fox. If anyone is planning to go anytime soon let me know!

Jeff

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: