Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:58pm - Oct 31,10 
There was a ghost out on the Fox today. I feel it was a victim of the current Zombie Attacks that have taken place. The brainless are fine. However the rest of us must keep our skull intact from the outbreak. Stay at home. The zombies are everywhere.

Look at the dead. The blond guy with a red shirt. The ghost, a victim.

More will be said on the subject, some thing about free candy today. (And the wife yelling at me to get off the fishing sites and get ready)

Get ready for what though? I've seen enough!

Happy Halloween Chitowners. Good luck out there.. and don't go out alone.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:04pm - Oct 31,10 
As Fez would say: "I like Candy!"

And let me tell you. My kids have a ton of it!!!

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:53pm - Nov 2,10 

An onslaught of rings woke me up early on this final day of October.  It couldn’t have been the alarm, it was Sunday. I sleep in on Sunday – so why am I awake? Looking around the room I noticed a very unnerving silence. A stare through the panels of my window exposed a sky glazed with despair. The smell of death enshrouded my nostrils and my stomach turned as that feeling of “something is just not right” over took me.  Stuck thinking in my bed

“What could this be?”

I had made the decision to investigate. I quickly but quietly dressed in layers of clothes, so as not to wake anyone, but then again I didn’t even check to see if anyone was there. I should have.

“What was going on out there?”

Grabbing my weapon of choice I headed out. Not sure why, but something was beckoning me and I had to answer the call.

Opening my front door I was confronted with a brisk forlorn morning. The temperature was hovering easily just below 38 degrees but not exactly sure – I wasn’t paying that much attention.  The only gauge I had was the breeze hitting my face and the feeling in my hands when exposed to the air. It was cold, dead cold. I slowly walked to my car only to find a small layer of ice on the windshield.  As I scraped the tundra from the glass, just enough for me to view the streets, I noticed nothing. Not a single person, car or peep. Nothing. I drove.

The radio in my car could not find signs of human life. I was listening to nothing but static and I was starting to get a disheartening feeling. I turned it off only to hear the wind creeping in through seeps in my window.

Cruising in the morning dawn, watching the black turn grey, searching for life I nearly jumped when my phone rang.

“Was that you that past?” the other end said.

“Who is this? Where are you?” I demanded.

“I am under the bridge, make a U-turn. Follow my directions.”

I complied without question, it was the only contact with life I had that day.

Dressed in waders and guarding the same weapon of choice I’d previously grabbed myself it seemed to be clear exactly what was going on. Zombie’s, they’re here and I was soon pulled into a massive hunt to save the Fox River.

I quickly dressed into my camouflaged cold water gear that I kept in my trunk for such an emergency and without any questions we geared up, locked and loaded, ready to go. The only discussion at hand was the important tidbits of information.

“Did you bring extra ammo?”

“Do you know where they are heading?”

“What do we do if we get bit?”

All we had to do was keep our brains intact and our skulls protected – so we thought. It was a long walk down a abandon railroad to find them and we kept our eyes peeled.

The fog was not as apparent as other zombie hunts. You see we have both gone through this before. Last year the trip was haunted with giant grey herons hiding in the dense fog, splashes from zombies sneaking up behind us and even the disappearance of a my fellow “Zombie Killer” for the first hour and a half of the hunt.  This day was greeted with the fresh tracks of lost deer that must have been spooked by the living dead, and even a shredded red plastic discarded shot-gun shell.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44756&hilit=zombie

It is apparent this hunt would be different.

With our feet in the muck of the hunting grounds we are soon in contact with our first zombie.  He hit hard and was victim of a green beetle spin laced up with a knuckle head. Great weapon – it was a zombie attractor. He was not a huge threat to the human race but his speed was nothing to joke about. He could have easily sneaked up behind us without us knowing. This was our proof – a freakishly green Zombie.

The hunt continued on its way. The zombies seemed to elude us as they hid under current, boulders and timber.  Hunting in deep thought and keeping our eyes on the prey we found ourselves falling in deep holes and missing some attacks on the swimming corpses below.  The focus was Zen like. A couple of citizens even went past us in a canoe; we tried to warn them as they had no weapons but they were too far ahead. I hope they made it.  Soon after the passing we heard a shot gun blast and saw the scatter of ducks and geese in the air. More zombie hunters were out, we just hoped that they saw us and didn’t confuse the living with the dead. We even saw the ghost of zombie victim hovering over the river, a poor lost soul.

The next attack was different. These guys were much faster, fatter, longer, and even seemed to have some soft tissue outer fangs protruding from their mouths. Blood suckers. In order to hunt these guys you needed balls – lots of balls. An accidental kill with a gulp on a darter snagged the belly of one of these beasts.  It was horrifying; the number of undead here must be thick. Luckily my hunting partner did have the balls to attack these guys, vanilla scented carp balls that is.
This first dead catch of his scared him enough to turn his hair a funky color of white, or was that blond. There was blood everywhere.

As I looked for more green zombies the most odd of zombie attacks occurred. Trying to get actual field video coverage of the zombies for the press, one of the weapons disappeared into the river.

“Where did it go? It was just sitting here!”

About 5 yards downstream the weapon was found with a blood sucking zombie on the end.  The blood suckers started to attack our weapons if left unattended. This changed everything….. xenophobia set in. The hunt changed to a full blown extermination and the carnage was to be horrific.

After countless hours of hunting, hiding in brush, casting into the dwelling fields of the zombies the sun came up, the temperature became warmer and phone calls told us it was safe to came back home.

The walk back was still long but more uplifting as life seemed to be back to normal. Another successful hunt.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:20pm - Nov 2,10 
We had a ton of kids. I am glad I purchased extra bags of Hersheys and Snickers. I am glad since the few pieces that remiained won't cause too much of a dent in my diet. Even my labrador Toby was weary from the door bell. The first ten or so rings, he was there wagging his tail and barking and sniffing the kids, then it became a walk to the door and one bark and a sniff, then it degraded to a walk and a sniff and finally (about 7:30pm) a head nod while he was stretched out on the rug. Something in his contract about not being a guard dog.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: