Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:48am - Apr 16,03 
Stopped by Trail at Johnson road at 3:00pm. Water was gin clear and low. As soon as I walked up I spooked 2 males and a female. Walked the bank, looking at the usual spots and saw nothing. If they were in there, you would have had no problem seeing them. Went back to the spot where I spooked the three and waited. Sure enough, they came back to the same spot. Agravel bottom with two large bolders to break up the current. Floated a black wooly bugger with bee moth and on the first drift, the female moved up four feet and inhaled it. After a fight of about 5 to 6 minates, she took me into a log jam and broke me off. Three great jumps and 3 strong runs. Had to be a fresh fish because it was all bright silver and the males were much darker. Sat down on the shore to try to quit shaking (I have caught plenty of fish at this stream, but everyone still gets the heart pounding) an the fish swam right back to the same spot, this time with a new piece a jewlry in it mouth. Sat there and just watched her for a while, non the worse for ware. I didn't try for her again, and the males never came back. Left at 5 and stopped by the Port to see what was happening there. I was the only one in the lot so I figured it was slow. Fished a crawler and threw some spoons for about an hour and nothing. When I left just after 6 there were about 4 cars in the lot, but I didn't see anyone get anything. The wind was howling, but the temps were still very nice. Got a tan, got a hook up, and my taxes were done on time.
Shark

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:04pm - Apr 16,03 
If we get this rain they say we are going to get it should pull in some fresh fish. I love watching steel in those pool man, they sure are pretty.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 02:34pm - Apr 17,03 
I thought trail was off limits after the 1st of april :?: :?:

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:36pm - Apr 17,03 
Trail is closed from the Franklin street bridge in Michigan City upstream to Rt. 35 from April 1st to June 15th. I was not fishing in that section. Johnson Rd is upstream from Rt. 35.
Shark

Last edited by Tom on 01:38pm - Apr 21,03, edited 1 time in total.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 12:27pm - Apr 21,03 
I did not know that tanks 8)

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: