Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:09pm - Aug 18,10 
The river is below it's average flow for the first time this year, moving about 1,200 CFS. Visibility was only about 6 inches or so. The weather was bearable, the excessive heat and humidity was gone for the day at least. Partly cloudy, not much of a breeze.

I started out fishing chutes and neckdowns between a series of water willow covered islands. These chutes were on the shallow side less than 2 feet so I figured if any fish were up there, they would be in an aggressive feeding mood. I started out with a 1/4 oz rattlebait and pretty much stuck with a rattle bait all day as they were producing. I moved to a bridge and fished the shaded side of the abutments and the shade lines cast by the bridge. Next up was a series of riffle areas that are real close to one another. I moved next to a small midstream island that had some riffles within casting distance on the wider side of the river. I moved from there to a flat that was from knee to just past waist deep on me. Next up was a midstream hump and then I worked some waterwillow beds that were in the shade. I caught fish everywhere most of them in the 10 to 15 inch range with 15 in the fifteen to 17 inch range. I had three really good streaks of 23, 21 and 17 fish where I got one about every 2cd to third cast.

No fish on a weighted keeper hook/plastic, 1 fish on a crankbait, 17 on the jig/pig and 83 on the rattlebaits.

The oddest thing was that the rattlebait bite died about 7 PM and all the fish after that came on the jig/pig.

Adapt, overcome. improvise

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 05:22am - Aug 19,10 
Nice to see ya still got some time to ply your skills Norm.

What color were you using on the rattlebait?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:25am - Aug 19,10 
crawdad patterns, only lost 1 rattlebait all day.

Adapt, overcome. improvise

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:29pm - Aug 24,10 
Norm, I think fishing should be more relaxing - I purposely avoid 100 fish days ;)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:32pm - Aug 28,10 
Razzo wrote:
Norm, I think fishing should be more relaxing - I purposely avoid 100 fish days ;)

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao I'm with you, Raz !

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: