Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:33pm - Jul 31,17 
The river is dropping but on all gauges it more than twice it's normal flow . Clearing a little near shore and in slower water , visibilty still not great . 3 to 4 inches of tops of water willows currently sticking out of water , although still some fish holding on outside edges of beds with some depth next to them .

Weather has been nice the last couple days and I have been feeling better so why not do some fishing .

Some fish on a single spin run on outside edge of water willow beds with some depth to them . I treid fishing in the beds and dropping into holes with no takers .

I switched to fishing cobblestone flats with crankbaits and rattlebaits, ran up Pepe's flag . I switched to a jig/pig in the same areas quartercast upstream and bounced down . That got me what I was after, some solid thunks but more light hits , still smallmouth were eating the jig/pig .

I stayed with that pattern for the rest of the trip and all of the next one, it kept producing . Not huge numbers of fish or really huge fish but enough to keep the interest up and a smile on my face .

I likely could have caught more but when my body started telling it was done , I quit fishing .

I would go home , eat and take a nap , as the doc's tell me I have to listen to my body . Besides it's not the best idea to mix moving water and a body that is rapidly tiring .

Peace

Norm

Adapt, overcome. improvise

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:14pm - Jul 31,17 
I feel your pain; especially in the knees. I was on the Duper's west branch, yesterday, and after 2-1/2 hours, it seemed like every step I took was atop a round boulder. Getting old is not for sissies.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:34am - Aug 1,17 
Chuck

i can see it now , the two of us hobbling along a river and some smartass old timer says , " I didn't know Festus had a brother . "

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:48am - Aug 1,17 
He had better be onshore when he says that! LOL.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:23am - Aug 1,17 
I really need to get out with you Norm!
I know exactly what you are going through and hope that you are doing well! It was a tough battle for me that cost me my marriage among other things.
You are a strong man and I am happy to see you out and fishing. If you ever need a wading partner don't be afraid to ask.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:02pm - Aug 1,17 
Cory

I'm starting 3rd wekk of radiatiom and will be done somtime in September and two more rounds of chemo scheduled in August . they tell me the roughest part of treatment is about to start and I'll need 4 weeks of recovery time afterward . That puts me into early October before the doc's say I'll start feeling human again .

right now the brief rallies last a couple , three hours at best and are hard to predict from day to day if or exactly when I'll have them

If you can put up with a guy getting his se legs and casting back into shape , looks like October might work .

Happy to see you won your battle but you paid a terrible price , losing your marriage , I am sorrry to hear that .

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: