Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:10pm - Jan 24,08 
I haven't really fished the salt or flagg creeks that much. From what folks have been saying about them, I probably should be!

I really don't have the time or money to travel all the way north to addison, but I do go to bemis quit a bit. Anyone fish the salt east of the 294?

What's the bottom like? Can you wade it, or is it too muddy?

Jax

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:34am - Jan 25,08 
Get a set of waders and go exploring. That's probably the easiest way. It's all shallow so you have nothing to worry about.

Don't exactly know what quarry you're after, but VERY FEW gamefish are in this area.

Private message me if you would like and I can help you out some. :)

And if you are in an "exploring" mood, search through this Creeks/Small Streams section and my topics/reports from the past 2 years should help as well.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:06pm - Jan 25,08 
See, that's the thing, I'm not sure what's in the area that I'm looking at. The section of Salt creek I'm mostly interested in is about 1/4 mile east of Grauie Mill. And I've heard of folks taking walleyes and northern's over there.

While I do know parts of the area I'm looking at, are very shallow, probably less then a foot deep in mid summer, I have heard rumers there's deeper pockets down along this area too.

Then of course I would be up stream from where the dp joins the salt. It's quite possible that game fish have worked thier way up from there as well.

There's always the varible as to what the FP dept has stocked and where. While I'm no expert on these things, it's quite possible too that there may or may not be trout even in this area. Seems to me it has the potential to be a good trout stream.

The thing I was trying to get at was, with the wide varity of tackle that I have. Both stuff I bought on my own and that stuff I inherited from my grand father, I don't want to come with a bunch of spinners and heavy bass/walley gear when lighter trout/pan fish would suffice.

I actually have read past posts of yours and others. I just thought I could get a summory of what folks have found to work on the salt. If I have it I can try different things at different times to see what I catch.

It's all have to do with getting to know a spot well. I don't expect folks to tell me exactilly or only works. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the range of things I can try.

Thanks,

Jax

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:04pm - Jan 25,08 
Jaxom wrote:
There's always the varible as to what the FP dept has stocked and where. While I'm no expert on these things, it's quite possible too that there may or may not be trout even in this area. Seems to me it has the potential to be a good trout stream.

With the low oxygen levels, and with some rather acidic PH levels (high in phosphorus content - reason for no more SM. BASS), those trout wouldn't even last a full week.

Lots and lots of people get these trout mistaken as Creek Chubs. Seen it many times along with friends, first-hand.

Go simple, put your time in and you can be rewarded. Not hard at all. :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:38am - Jan 26,08 
Gotchya, thanks!

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: