Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:20pm - Dec 29,07 
Got to the Root at about 8am. It started snowing arounf 8:30am Got are lines in the water above the weir just past the bridge. Worked are way up to the 2nd bridge on the golf course. Then went over to quarry park. Fished the nice stretch straight down from quarry park. My buddy landed 1 fair hooked brown. He caught it on a Wooly bugger, Then he lost another on a wooly bugger, we think it might have been foul hooked but it was too hard to tell when the steelie took off down river. I hooked into a nice big female steelie on an egg-sucking-leech pattern, He did an arial flip and took off into the brutal current down river and snapped me off. That was it for the day of 9 hours in the brutal blizzard. Fishing was tough and the river was flowing good. I will be back on Sunday! Good Luck and Great Fishing!

---Tight-Lines---

PS: Its no fun trying to tie up when chunks of slush and snow are falling from the trees and hitting you on the hands while your tieing. But it was a great day to be out, It's such a beautiful river with the snow on the ground.

I would add a pic of the brown but do not know how to post pics... It will not let me use my photo bucket :?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:37pm - Dec 29,07 
WrenchingnFishing wrote:
I would add a pic of the brown but do not know how to post pics... It will not let me use my photo bucket :?

I just activated your account, let me know if you need any help.

Check out this thread, we just added an easy way to post pictures.

http://www.chitown-angler.com/1fish/vie ... hp?t=15914

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:10pm - Dec 29,07 
Hey.. Thanks so much Marc. It was actually really easy. Thanks again.

Well heres the pic of my buddies brown trout on the root 12/28/07. To bad I didnt have any steelies to post. Maybe Tomarrow since I will be at the Root Tomarrow/Sunday. Sorry for the bad photo quality. This pic was taken on my cell phone and I accidentally chopped the top off since I dont know my phone yet for pictures. It's time to get new batteries for my digital camera...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:40pm - Dec 29,07 
ill be there tomm what time u be there and where? private message me asap

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:40pm - Dec 29,07 
Marc,

Our next "Picture of the Week".

What a trooper, cold, wind and snow piling up on
his hoodie and pockets, wet he prevails.

Nice Catch Wrench!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:07pm - Dec 29,07 
Thanks for the response Djord. "It was cold!!!" LOL That fish is not mine though. It's my buddies catch. I lost a Big Beautiful Steelhead, My buddy also lost a steely after he caught that brown. Too bad the steely he lost we believe was foul hooked. Hopefully tomarrow I can hook into another one but land it this time. That river is rockin' It should be perfect tomarrow. Oh yea and the brown trout was of course Released. Thanks for the response though. it feels good to know I had a good outing in bad weather. :D

RootPro... I will be working the whole stretch from the weir up to quarry park. I will be in Camoflague waders with a camo baseball cap and a tan waterproof fly fishing jacket with a tan vest on. I will have orange or yellow Fly Line, mattering on wich reel I use tomarrow. Stop on by and say hi, I can point you towards a couple deep holes that are running perfect right now. Will you be swinging a fly? If so, I will bring some different patterns you can have. I will tye up some extra patterns tonight. You are all catch and release ofcourse right?

Dave

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: