Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:28pm - Mar 6,07 
I work in Oak Brook and am looking for a place to go after work to fish until traffic dies down (if there is such a time on the Eisenhower). There are a few forest preserves off of 31st in Oak brook and westchester that have a creek flowing through them (Salt Creek?). Does anybody fish these areas or know if they are worth the time? If not, is there anywhere within 10-15 minutes of this area to go?

Thanks,

sean

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:27am - Mar 7,07 
Roosevelt & Wolf Road - Queen of Heaven Cemetary has a lake that I used to fish when I worked out there. There are some chunky bass in that lake.
Mays Lakes near Rt. 83 and 31st looks promising but I only fished there once.
Graue Mill on York Road has a damn on Salt Creek. People fish there but I have only seen them from the window of the York Tavern while enjoying a cheese burger.

I used to work in Oakbrook Terrace and Westchester and would keep a rod in the trunk for a quick lunch time fishing trip. An enjoyable summer distraction.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:44am - Mar 7,07 
The two forest preserves - Mayslake Forest Preseve (Lake) and Fullersberg Woods Forest Preserve (Salt Creek) both have fishing. Think this is possibly the closest to you.

I have never fished there, so can't tell you what's in there.
Did a quick search and Looks like Mayslake has - Bass, crappie, sunfish, channel catfish and carp.

Salt creek has some fishing access. Give it a try and see what comes out of there. Good Luck

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:15pm - Mar 9,07 
HomewreckerII wrote:
Roosevelt & Wolf Road - Queen of Heaven Cemetary has a lake that I used to fish when I worked out there. There are some chunky bass in that lake.

The place has "no fishing" signs posted from what I know....

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: