Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:09pm - Jun 16,18 
My knee replacement project is on hold since the surgeon I have been seeing retired. So, I look for another. Meanwhile, the knees God gave me still work (albeit with pain) so I took the fly rod to the west branch Thursday evening. It proved to be a casting practice day with only 2 bluegill and a crappie taking a wooly bugger. I went from bugger to popper to ugly beetle-like thing to even a rubber worm on a hook (try casting that on a 3wt rod). As the sun went down, so the fish went to sleep. At 7pm-ish, I told the body it will be a long walk back to the van at Dorothea Weigand Park so retreat is the better choice than valor.
The only excitement (if one can call it that) came as I was about 100 yards from the van and heard arguing and a girl screaming. As I approached, I saw a squad car parked and an officer talking to what looked like a teen-aged girl and what seemed to be parents. While shedding the waders and boots and stashing the rod, I overheard the officer calmly asking the girl what was wrong and she just ranting and raging. The (I guess) father walked to his vehicle and sat. The girl came up to the vehicle, tried to get in, could not, then started to kick the door. As I drove away, another squad car pulled up. Glad I am a grandpa now and my children are happy and doing well. Small blessings are welcome.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:24pm - Jun 16,18 
Quote:
The (I guess) father walked to his vehicle and sat. The girl came up to the vehicle, tried to get in, could not, then started to kick the door.

Guess the Father's Day gift will be returned. :rotflmao

At least you brought a fish or two to hand Chuck.

Thanks for sharing and hope you mend quickly.

Tom

Twin Fins

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: