Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:30am - Mar 25,18 
Checked out the St. Dupe River the past two Sundays to see how the spring steelhead run was doing. The holdovers from last autumn's flooding have packed on some weight. Such a pity that this is a one year fluke. These fish are awfully aggressive and good fighters.

The native fish have been much slower to turn on with the chilly temps. Can always count on the rock bass though. The average size seems to be up a bit. This guy stopped my lure dead in its tracks.

Will be branching out soon with rising water temps. That'll add more bass to the scorecard as the trout seem to have hijacked these wintering holes.

Normally I'm out every weekend as soon as morning temps are consistently in the upper 20's. Haven't been as motivated this season and probably wouldn't have rolled out of bed this morning had I known about the steady 10-15 mph winds out of the northeast. Guides were icing up until I got out of the water.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:36am - Mar 25,18 
That's awesome Jim!!!! That river has really given up some surprises in the last year. As always, thanks for sharing.

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:29pm - Mar 28,18 
Awesome...really awesome, jmdog. You are makign the Duper looking like one of those pictures in one of my fly fishing mags with the trout and you standing there in waders or whatnot.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: