Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:15am - Mar 5,17 
The first few days in March were colder than most of February, at least when you include the wind. Found a hot rock bass bite the other evening. Got a half dozen of those guys and had a really dark smallmouth shake my hook at the surface in about an hour of windy, raw fishing.

The EB is still active. Used two rods this morning because I wasn't sure what mood the fish would be in. As it turns out I got fish on both a Rapala SR06 in perch and 1/16th oz jig with a 3" Gulp. Three bites, three fish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:04pm - Mar 5,17 
Always like your posts.Wish I was physically able to fish creeks again.Sure miss fishing Indiana creeks for the steelies.I have fished that stretch of the DuPage off the des plaines that you can reach by boat and have caught at least 8 different kinds of fish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:28pm - Mar 5,17 
Thanks! One day I'll do some steelhead fishing. Definitely on the bucket list.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:34am - Mar 8,17 
Jmdog, you don't miss a shot at those fish. I thought of dipping a line but looked at the WB and figured too soon. But you have the touch. You're going to be like Chicago but in a good way; surpassing your last year's catch.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 05:45pm - Mar 8,17 
Good job, those are some quality fish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:04pm - Mar 8,17 
Thx fellers! Chuck, where ya been man? Hibernating? Don't worry, wont be long for a consistent bite now.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:46pm - Mar 9,17 
Been putting 2 days volunteer work at the arboretum and 2 days working out at the gym and doing some cleanup projects around the house. And getting old (no secret here LOL). Were you fishing downtown Naperville's riverwalk, last week? After briefly talking to a guy going into the water, I was wondering if it was you. I was walking my black labrador in the afternoon.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:09am - Mar 10,17 
Hey Chuck ... How is Sammy coming along?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:13am - Mar 10,17 
Nope chuck wasn't me. Ive been bouncing between the east branch and main stem when I get a chance to get out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:24pm - Mar 10,17 
Hello Osprey. Sammy is just a biscuit under 100 lbs (98.3) and the 2 of us are doing well. Not a mean bone in his body and wants to play with every dog or person (especially children) he meets. Listens well (like a lab). Last year, I had Patti Milazzo (Perfect Manners) come out to give me pointers after Sammy pulled about an 80lb bench out of the ground and ran down the sidewalk with it to greet a golden. We went over walking on lead (she had him loose leash within 3 houses of walking) plus we talked about how I should treat him in the house. What a turn around (plus he did not think that I would go through with my threat of cutting his cajones off--well, he sings higher now.) We walk twice per day as well as he goes with me for coffee each morning in the car.
I also think he eats better than I do; gets a hard boiled egg each morning with his kibbles and a little pumpkin to keep his stools firm and is fed twice per day. My thinking, lately, is that now that I am alone in the house, he does not get the attention (he is 2-1/2 years old) and work around the house and my volunteering must be done. So, I try to get him as much lay time with dogs that I know are socialized.
He stands about 25" at the shoulder (a rough estimate trying to measure a wiggly dog).

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: