Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:25pm - Mar 15,06 
hows the fishing up river from the bridge on cantom farm. I want to wade it but not sure where to?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:26am - Mar 16,06 
CHEESEGRATER wrote:
hows the fishing up river from the bridge on cantom farm. I want to wade it but not sure where to?

I have wondered the same, I am not far from there, maybe we can both check it out sometime andd save each other from being swept downstream :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38pm - Mar 16,06 
lots of people fish this from this forum so i assume someone will be able to tell us :?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:07am - Mar 17,06 
Not sure how the Caton Farm area is but I see a lot of people fishing over by the dog park on Black rd. Lets pick a day and go exploring

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:21pm - Mar 17,06 
CHEESEGRATER wrote:
lots of people fish this from this forum so i assume someone will be able to tell us :?

How far upstream from Caton Farm are you talking? The entire area around the Caton Farm bridge is fine for wading. If there are two of you wading and if you're feeling adventurous, have someone drop you off at the Caton Farm bridge. Then have your friend drive to the canoe launch downstream. Then you can wade downstream while your friend wades the area around the canoe launch.

That area is pretty good fishing too.

Below is a small map that describes what I am talking about. The red marker is Caton Farm Rd at Lily Cache Rd. The green line is the path to take from that location to the canoe launch, and the canoe launch is circled in red.

Enjoy!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:47pm - Mar 17,06 
what about up river from canton farm?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:21am - Mar 18,06 
TMarkham wrote:
CHEESEGRATER wrote:

How far upstream from Caton Farm are you talking?

Are you talking back to Rt 59? Back to Renwick Rd? Back to Rt 126? Back to Naperville? Back to Warrenville? There's a lot of river upstream from Caton Farm Rd.

Basically, the Dupage is a great river and is easy to wade upstream or downstream from Caton Farm Rd.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:47am - Mar 18,06 
upriver is all private property. There is nowhere to wade into the river. However I have fished this area many times last summer & had some success. The dog park is a nice spot too, it isn't as wide as it is by caton farm but there are trails that follow the river from the dog park all the way to the dam. The whole area is easily accessable & has a lot of potential. I caught more in numbers throughout this area, but im sure there are some big ones there too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:53am - Mar 19,06 
As far as Caton Farm bridge goes work the concrete structures above and below. Theres a nice deep hole on the upstream side of the west structure as well as underneath. Theres a drain on the west bank on the downstream side that holds some fish in cold weather. After you work the bridge area upstream is pretty much a flat for a few hundred yds.or so. The creek mouth is always worth a shot particularly if we get rain up north and the river rises but the creek does'nt. Theres a big mudflat/bar in the middle of the river with a good current break on the west side, When you get up around the houses there is some good deeper water. I saw a 24 northern come from there a couple years back. I've used tubes here with good success. This time of year I usually hit the west bank in the afternoon when the wood and the mud has warmed a little. Try using flukes or minnow like baits which is their primary forage before the crawdads emerge. Also try a floating fly or a rapala drifted along. Good Luck and maybe I'll see ya there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:42am - Mar 19,06 
so you can not wade up river at all from canton farm road, not to 59 or 126?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:09pm - Mar 19,06 
Hey Chesegreater. It's CATON not Canton. Yes there are many places to wade up river from CATON FARM Rd. Putting in at rte.59 south is kinda hard because it is private property. Look around 126 area south of the bridge(watch for the bright yellow sign) there are places to get in the water, also try rte59. north area. Yes rte. 59 crosses the Du Page twice.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: