Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:52pm - Feb 1,06 
well got back out on the dupage today cought a carp and somthing that looked like a carp but its mouth was on the underside of it pix of both....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:06pm - Feb 1,06 
gaudio5 wrote:
well got back out on the dupage today cought a carp and somthing that looked like a carp but its mouth was on the underside of it pix of both....

Fish on the top looks like a white sucker.Nice job.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:54pm - Feb 1,06 
Yep. Looks like a white sucker to me too. Did you catch them on bread?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:02pm - Feb 1,06 
the one on the top looks like Musky Bait!!! :shock:

Brent

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:13pm - Feb 1,06 
Your not catching those on the fly rod I gave you are you. Just kidding keep it up its great your getting out and catching something. Beats sitting home and reading about fishing.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:32pm - Feb 1,06 
Yep all fish were cought on plain 39 cent white bread. :D
There was another carp i cought that had to be atleast 20lbs fish was easy 30in long and fat. As soon as i got my net in he swam under a tree branch and snaped my line! :argue Wasnt to happy about that. Once again thanks for the pole81156 havent got out to use it yet!! this is a daily thing for me. Im there every day around 8-2 i dont work untill 4pm so whenever it isnt snowing im fishing. I land usally 2-3 fish a day most being carp but i get the occasional "white sucker"as you called it and a bunch of chubs once in a great while ill get a 2-3 lbs channel cat and the biggest cat running in a 9lbs was cought while the bridge was being built i just baited the water the night before.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:13am - Feb 6,06 
I have a question for you guys, do you release the carp you catch back into the river or lake? I read that they are a invasive species and should be killed or left on the bank when you catch'em.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:55am - Feb 7,06 
GRIGGER wrote:
I have a question for you guys, do you release the carp you catch back into the river or lake? I read that they are a invasive species and should be killed or left on the bank when you catch'em.

Is that any way to treat the most sought after sport fish in the world.....yes i am serious.

Don't believe all the false information out there about Carp

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:11pm - Feb 14,06 
The Asian carp is an invasive species. There is info on the subject matter on the internet if you want to see what kinds of carp are invasive. Otherwise carp can be an important part of the echosystem.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:37am - Feb 15,06 
I dont kill any fish unless im going to eat it if you think about it were a invasive species, We run deer, squirlles, bugs out of there home does that mean we should be killed????? BTW drunkinbluefox see you on the river.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:36am - Feb 15,06 
DrunkenBlueFox wrote:
The Asian carp is an invasive species. There is info on the subject matter on the internet if you want to see what kinds of carp are invasive. Otherwise carp can be an important part of the echosystem.

Asian Carp is a different story, but Carp get a bad rap because they are hardy and can survive in polluted waters that do not allow other species to survive. Thus, they get blamed for the disappearance of other fish that actually die becuase of pollution. People dont like to hear that.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:02am - Feb 18,06 
I have seen lakes overun with grass carp and in turn has killed alot of bass. See the carp feed on algea or whatever they eat but if there isnt a balance and the carp consume too much, the cycle is effcted and eventually there is an overgrowth of the weeds, then the echosystem goes into a downward spiral. Im referring to the nitrogen/potassium cycles of the water. For example if too mnay Canadian Geese crap in a lake, the nitrate levels are out the roof. The smaller organisms are effected first like the aerobic bacteria and plant life then the inbalance spreads throughout. Im sure if carp populations in a body of water were too excessive it could have a similar effect.
When I was young I used to fish the lake down the road from my house, and Id see holes in the ground filled with Bullhead corpses. One day i came across one of the guys who was doin it and he said its cause they eat the baby bass, and bass eggs.... But what they dont realize is that whatever species is in a body of water is meant to be there, with expection of non-native fish species brought from foriegn water, like the asian carp. Bottom line is.. if u hate carp, get some info one the carp bowhunting tourneys. There is some good prize money for killing the most carp... lol

Remember tho, carp are one of the best fighters youll ever tangle with in freshwater, no contest in my eyes.

Peace

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:04am - Feb 18,06 
BTW, Gaudio name a time and place and Ill show u how to catch some fish, lol..

But for sure man we should get out soon, its suposed to be about 40 on Wed.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: