Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:02am - Mar 22,06 
I drove through Plainfield yesterday on the way to visit some friends in Yorkville and was wondering if anyone has fished the DuPage right by the old train station on IL 126? It looks like it's an easy access and the water looks relatively free of debris and algae.
Also has anyone ever fished along Rt. 126 at those 2 retention ponds on the N & S sides of IL 126 just after you get off of I-55?
Are there other good spots in Plainfield that you might suggest I try? I've also seen retention ponds along IL 59 as you head north out of Plainfield up towards 135th & 127th St.
I'm not particular on what I catch as I release all the fish I catch anyway but it's alot of fun for a retired person like me to go out and fish for a couple of hours on a nice sunny day.
Thanks for any help in advance!!!!
UncleMark

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:54am - Mar 22,06 
Mark,

Welcome to the site. I have fished the area along 126 & it is a great spot to hook up with some smallies. Those ponds you are talking about are also great spots. If you were getting off I-55 the first pond on your left is one that I fished two years ago. On a few occasions I hooked into some good size largemouth bass & some hefty channel cats. All fish I caught were released back into the pond. Let me know if you are going to fish this area & I'll try and meet up, the fish I caught two years ago should be pretty nice size by now.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:13pm - Mar 22,06 
Coutn me in as I am in the area and have always wondered about those spot myself.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:54am - Mar 23,06 
There is a nice deep hole at the downstream side of the middle structure on the 126 bridge. There are some big ones that lay there. Try the ponds to the west of the river behind the new city hall in the Wallin Woods sub. for largemouths. Those ponds were stocked years back and due to light pressure they have grown. Also downstream from the 126 bridge on the east side is a discharge that is good for a smallie or two this time of year. If I ever get off of overtime I'll try to meet up with some of ya.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:15am - Mar 23,06 
The ponds at Wallin Woods can be pretty good.

May is a great month for that pond and I have done pretty good there on Senkos and Ike Con or Action Mac worm.

Wallin Woods does actually get some pressure.

I have gotten bitten off there a couple of times, so someone has released a northern or two in there.

I have lived in Plainfield for about 5 years now and most of the retention ponds have great fishing in them. I am fortunate and have a couple of gems right by my house. I have caught bass, northerns, walleyes, cats, crappies, bluegill and carp in the many ponds that I do fish. The biggest bass to date is just a tad over 6 pounds and I will catch many over 4 during the course of the season.....my avatar on this site is a 4.6 caught last September.

Half of the fun is finding new ponds to fish.

Always practice C&R and be respectful of the homeowners around the ponds.

As for the Dupe....got my new waders.....hopefully Tmarkham will show me a couple of spots this year :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:01pm - Mar 23,06 
By Shorewood, downstream of the dam has been pretty good for me with smallies.

Start at the top, fish that pool by the dam, then wade downstream under rt52.

Watch during high water, it has a lot of slippery vegetation.
Even during low conditions i wader could have trouble.

I've explored a little above but not much.
Heard some good stories about above the dam.

I need a longer lunch break....... :?

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: