Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:56pm - Sep 11,06 
I was fishing a couple of weeks ago below the Caton Farm bridge and couldn't believe what was sitting in the water right next to me. It was a Northern Pike that had to be at least 30". He was sitting in the current of the storm drain disharge into the river on the southwest side of the bridge. I tried dropping stuff in front of him but he was having none of it. I would like to know if anyone is catching pike. If there is one that big in there he has to have some friends.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:16pm - Sep 12,06 
The Dupage River has been known to have it share of Pike. But only down by where the des plaines and dupage meet. Des plaines has pike. But being that There are many lakes that run by the dupage like the rod and gun clubs in plainfield also The paid lake on Renwick. These all have pike so fingerling could easily end up in the DUP. There are many little creeks that run into the dupage too. These too could have produced small pike. With a river system like the dupage has it can easily hold pike. I have heard of pike being caught down by the shorewood dam too. Dupage carries Smallies, crappie, bluegill, Big rock bass, LM bass, Catfish(channel and bullhead), Big carp, Pike, ive heard of perch too. A nice little river which in my eyes has been a great C/R river.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:51pm - Oct 29,17 
I've hooked into a decent sized pike a few years ago at the very end of the east branch about 50 yards up from the confluence. Today i was fishing the backwaters by chaminwood and saw one about 36" lib sitting right in front of me but wouldn't bite anything. I fished the dupage several days a week for about 7 yrs and these are the only two times I've come across them. It wouldn't shock me if there were more with the way that river floods and mixes with other bodies of water.

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:29am - Oct 31,17 
Around 20 years ago the West branch was stocked with Small Mouth and Pike. Caught a small pike the next year.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: