Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33am - Jun 1,17 
Hit the Duper yesterday with the fly rods. Managed to get two fish: a Smallie in the 9" class and a Carp in the 12-15 lb class.

The Smallmouth came on a Gold #8 Empee swung in the current. The fish was holding in deeper water just behind a riffle area.

The Carp came on an orange #8 Carp-a-licious. That fish was sight fished in a deeper, slower section. He was crushing along and actively tailing. Tried to upload pics but the site is being difficult :cuss :noway

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:10pm - Jun 1,17 
Pretty easy to upload photos on here. I'm not sure why so many have a hard time. Just follow the directions. Either way,
good job getting into some fish on the fly rod.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:29pm - Jun 1,17 
I need to see a picture of this "Carp-a-licious" Fly! wish I had one today. I was out at lake Jericho, there was a carp that had eaten so many fish eggs off the beds he looked like he had swallowed a bowling ball.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:40am - Jun 2,17 
Bronzebacker wrote:
Pretty easy to upload photos on here. I'm not sure why so many have a hard time. Just follow the directions. Either way,

It's tedious and kind of a pain.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:05pm - Jun 2,17 
walked the walk today with the wife. Didn't have a rod with me but if I did I saw plenty of Rockies and Smallies to keep a man busy for hours. Please CPR those bass off the beds! (not saying anything about the OP, just for those lurkers because you know, they listen to me) :)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:46pm - Jun 2,17 
reno wrote:
Bronzebacker wrote:

I agree since you can't upload directly from your computer but you'd have to transfer to a thrid party site then enter the web address using IMG button.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:51pm - Jun 2,17 
babyduke wrote:
reno wrote:
Bronzebacker wrote:

I agree since you can't upload directly from your computer but you'd have to transfer to a thrid party site then enter the web address using IMG button.

Guys,

Upload the picture, copy the link and post. It's not rocket science. :doh

If ANYONE has an issue, PM me and I will walk you through it.

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:03pm - Jun 3,17 

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:14pm - Jun 5,17 
I don't think Naperville allows wading at the river walk. Perhaps you weren't wading... perhaps things have changed... just something to maybe look into.

"long days and pleasant nights"

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:18pm - Jun 5,17 
Kev-mo wrote:
I don't think Naperville allows wading at the river walk. Perhaps you weren't wading... perhaps things have changed... just something to maybe look into.

Not true. Wading is permitted as long as you are fishing....

https://patch.com/illinois/naperville/2 ... k-district

At the bottom of the page posted above is a link to all ordinances in effect in regards to Naperville's parks. Look under "swimming" on page 19 of ordnance list. "Fishing" is also specifically addressed in several places in the above link. Check it out if you fish in the area.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:50pm - Jun 6,17 
I have seen anglers wading the DuPage along the riverwalk in the slower areas more upstream and not in the rapids. And I think as long as one is sensible, the police will use their training and common sense and act accordingly.
I have not waded the river since I just got over a bout of double vision and now in the throes of sciatica in my right leg. May was not a good month for me.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:30am - Jul 3,17 
There are river monster (maybe Jeremy Wade ought to do his show there) carp in the downtown area. My son and I were using french fries and spinning equipment. He had one on that must have been 10lbs easily. He got it to almost within netting and it broke off. I had one that just spooled my line on my ultralight (6lb line) and when I adjusted my drag to give a little stoppage, it broke the line. Don't buy MacDonald's fires since they are too fresh and fall off the hooks easily-LOL.

You say you took a carp on a fly rod. What weight rod and tippett strength? I snagged one, last year, using my 3wt and I was lucky that it threw the hook before breaking the TFO rod or leaving with my wooly bugger.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:03am - Jul 4,17 
chuckt wrote:
There are river monster (maybe Jeremy Wade ought to do his show there) carp in the downtown area. My son and I were using french fries and spinning equipment. He had one on that must have been 10lbs easily. He got it to almost within netting and it broke off. I had one that just spooled my line on my ultralight (6lb line) and when I adjusted my drag to give a little stoppage, it broke the line. Don't buy MacDonald's fires since they are too fresh and fall off the hooks easily-LOL.

You say you took a carp on a fly rod. What weight rod and tippett strength? I snagged one, last year, using my 3wt and I was lucky that it threw the hook before breaking the TFO rod or leaving with my wooly bugger.

Carp was taken on an 8-wt St. Croix Legend Elite. Leader was a 9-foot Orvis Super Strong nylon leader in 1x. Tippet was 1x Super Strong as well.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: