Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:25pm - Jul 31,18 
Seeing the commercials for these. It is interesting. One thing that would bug me, is after the first year, you have to pay a minimal fee, 3 bucks I think to see your videos that it records. Does anybody have one of these, do they work as well as they claim, and is the fee thing true?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:07pm - Jul 31,18 
Look up the August door bell.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:13pm - Jul 31,18 
we have one, just FYI if you/your family uses the front door and have the motions sensors on you will get a lot of notifications , video is good, we like it

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:05am - Aug 1,18 
Agree with Catman

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:41am - Aug 1,18 
we love our Ring. Excellent purchase.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:25am - Aug 1,18 
The only problem we are having is it has to be close to the modem and we have to charge it once a month

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:17pm - Aug 1,18 
Is it true there is a monthly charge after the free period?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:45pm - Aug 1,18 
I have a ring doorbell but I can not compare it to others but I share my knowledge. There are several types of doorbells and sensors. Some hook up and take place of your old doorbell which was pretty simple to set up. Some are solar power which I do not have. You will get notifications if you want of things happening in the area. My wife likes this.

There is a $3 a month fee if you want your videos recorded. If not you will still get notifications and still be able to see live views it just will not record what you see.

Last week I was out of town and someone rang the doorbell. I was able to pull up the camera on the doorbell with my phone and I saw the person walking away. You can also talk to the people at the door as if you are inside and tell them whatever you'd like. The other thing is criminals do not know if the camera is recording or not but they will recognize the "ring" doorbell on the front of your house.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:58pm - Aug 3,18 
I installed 1 at my mothers using the wires from the previous doorbell. She wanted it linked to her tablet and loves that she can see live when people come to the door and also has it record to her tablet. Not sure on the fee but the quality of the video is very good and you can turn sound off and on along with other options. Also she turns up the ring tone if she has her hearing aids out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:47am - Aug 4,18 
vman01 wrote:
I installed 1 at my mothers using the wires from the previous doorbell. She wanted it linked to her tablet and loves that she can see live when people come to the door and also has it record to her tablet. Not sure on the fee but the quality of the video is very good and you can turn sound off and on along with other options. Also she turns up the ring tone if she has her hearing aids out.

Is the one you installed a RING?. I know that the fee is only 3 bucks, but that bugs me.

Board index » The Podium » Random Thoughts & General Banter
Jump to: