Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:45pm - Jul 1,18 
Anyone know of a pond in the Joliet area to take a 4 yr. old grandson fishing? Gills or anything else would be great. Thanks !

Bob P.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:59am - Jul 2,18 
Try the pond at Nelson Prairie School in New Lenox. I used to do a fishing derby there and it was usually pretty good fishing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:54pm - Jul 2,18 
BigJim wrote:
Try the pond at Nelson Prairie School in New Lenox. I used to do a fishing derby there and it was usually pretty good fishing.

FYI, this is a Catch & Release pond only (as are ALL New Lenox Park Dist. ponds) and several of us that are regulars WILL NOT hesitate to let New Lenox cops know if anyone is keeping anything... There is an ordinance stating this and it can and will be held up in court.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:21pm - Jul 2,18 
The Great One wrote:
BigJim wrote:

FYI, this is a Catch & Release pond only (as are ALL New Lenox Park Dist. ponds) and several of us that are regulars WILL NOT hesitate to let New Lenox cops know if anyone is keeping anything... There is an ordinance stating this and it can and will be held up in court.

"Lighten up Frances"................i'm just lookin' for a place to take a 4 yr. old kid someplace where he can catch a few fish. No need to start a C&R debate over it.

Bob P.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:11pm - Jul 3,18 
Bob P. wrote:
The Great One wrote:
BigJim wrote:

"Lighten up Frances"................i'm just lookin' for a place to take a 4 yr. old kid someplace where he can catch a few fish. No need to start a C&R debate over it.

Bob P.

You aren't the only one who reads this :winker

Sad, but this is the current state of affairs when small ponds get posted on the internet.... Unfortunately I've had to have the cops deal with quite a few people with buckets at this particular pond before it was mentioned here....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:11pm - Jul 3,18 
The Great One wrote:
Bob P. wrote:
The Great One wrote:
BigJim wrote:

Bob P.

You aren't the only one who reads this :winker

Sad, but this is the current state of affairs when small ponds get posted on the internet.... Unfortunately I've had to have the cops deal with quite a few people with buckets at this particular pond before it was mentioned here....

Believe me, I understand your angst about that. About 15 years about I actually led a petition drive that led the IDNR to implement the current smallie regs in this state. Makes me sick when I see people abuse those as stream smallmouth populations can be fragile.

So would the pond you mention be a good place for a 4 year old to catch a few fish?? You can message me if you prefer.

Thanks,
Bob P.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:28pm - Jul 3,18 
Please p.m.,total respect on this.I plan to P.M. as I plan to fish with my kid a local pond I have not fished in awhile.
X2 on the Great one last comment-

Board index » The Podium » Random Thoughts & General Banter
Jump to: