Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:22pm - Mar 22,18 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bozo_Show

Bozo circus was a Chicago icon,aired on channel 9.If you were lucky,you got to run home from school,eat lunch and watch Bozo circus.If you wanted tickets to get on the show,5-7 year waiting list.
I am sad to report-My local radio station has reported the real Bozo the clown passed away today,age 89. Heart disease.
He and the show entertained so many,may he rest in peace-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:16pm - Mar 22,18 
Whoa Nellie!

I think Cookie is gone too.

Anyone remember Ray Raynor?

We're off to Cuddly Duddlies house..........

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:54am - Mar 23,18 
That was a great time to grow up Chicago land
Ray Raynor in the morning
Bozo at noon
Garfield Goose after school
Friday evening-Family Classics
Listening to Cubs (Jack Brickhouse) with ear piece on transistor radio during school lol

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:48am - Mar 23,18 
R.I.P. Bob, thanks for the memories

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:00am - Mar 23,18 
Longtime Boston television personality and entertainer Frank Avruch, who was the star of the popular children's TV program "Bozo the Clown," has died. He was 89.

Avruch died Tuesday at his Boston home from heart disease, his family said in a statement to WCVB-TV .

Avruch played Bozo the Clown from 1959 to 1970, a clown character particularly popular in the U.S. in the 1960s because of widespread franchising in television. Avruch became the first nationally-syndicated Bozo the Clown.

"He had a heart of gold," manager Stuart Hersh told The Associated Press on Wednesday, "He brought the Bozo the Clown character to life better than anyone else's portrayal of Bozo the Clown."

Avruch also was a contributor to WCVB-TV for more than 40 years as a host of "Man About Town" and "The Great Entertainment."

He was an active philanthropist and a board member of UNICEF'S New England chapter. He toured the world performing as Bozo the clown for UNICEF.

"He touched so many people with his portrayal," Hersh said.

Avruch is survived by his wife Betty, two sons Matthew and Steven and several grandchildren. Funeral services for Avruch were scheduled for Friday.

"While it's hard to say goodbye, we celebrate the legacy of joy and laughter he brought to millions of children around the world as Bozo the Clown on TV and as a UNICEF Ambassador and later as host of Channel 5's Great Entertainment and Boston's Man About Town," Avruch's family said in a statement to the station. "Our dad loved the children of all ages who remembered being on his show and was always grateful for their kind words. We will miss him greatly."

———

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:04am - Mar 23,18 
Sad to hear about the loss of the Boston Bozo. Bozo, portrayed by many is one of the most of all beloved characters there ever was and is. Here's to all who carried the torch as the worlds greatest clown.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:56am - Mar 23,18 
I grew up watching bob bell as bozo

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:26pm - Mar 23,18 
Windy City wrote:

Anyone remember Ray Raynor?

My father was "Mr. David" a few summers when he worked at WGN as a student. His arms could be seen feeding Chauncey the duck lettuce. Only his arms were ever on screen.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:31pm - Mar 24,18 
Jerry K wrote:
Longtime Boston television personality and entertainer Frank Avruch, who was the star of the popular children's TV program "Bozo the Clown," has died. He was 89.

Avruch died Tuesday at his Boston home from heart disease, his family said in a statement to WCVB-TV .

Avruch played Bozo the Clown from 1959 to 1970, a clown character particularly popular in the U.S. in the 1960s because of widespread franchising in television. Avruch became the first nationally-syndicated Bozo the Clown.

"He had a heart of gold," manager Stuart Hersh told The Associated Press on Wednesday, "He brought the Bozo the Clown character to life better than anyone else's portrayal of Bozo the Clown."

Avruch also was a contributor to WCVB-TV for more than 40 years as a host of "Man About Town" and "The Great Entertainment."

He was an active philanthropist and a board member of UNICEF'S New England chapter. He toured the world performing as Bozo the clown for UNICEF.

"He touched so many people with his portrayal," Hersh said.

Avruch is survived by his wife Betty, two sons Matthew and Steven and several grandchildren. Funeral services for Avruch were scheduled for Friday.

"While it's hard to say goodbye, we celebrate the legacy of joy and laughter he brought to millions of children around the world as Bozo the Clown on TV and as a UNICEF Ambassador and later as host of Channel 5's Great Entertainment and Boston's Man About Town," Avruch's family said in a statement to the station. "Our dad loved the children of all ages who remembered being on his show and was always grateful for their kind words. We will miss him greatly."

———

Hang on a sec.
I thought Bob Bell was our {my} Bozo...
He appears on the WGN retro show that airs around the holidays every year in Chicago.
He died many years ago...

-Carl Sagan

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:56am - Mar 30,18 
As soon as we had our first child, my wife wrote in for tickets. Talk about lead times; Bozo was more popular than Byonce, Elvis and the others combined. My grandkids haul out the pails and whatnot to create the Bozo Buckets game.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:02pm - Mar 30,18 
Ringmaster Ned xxxxxcx>? was Mayor of Kimberling City MO. on Table Rock Lake in late 1980's and very early 1990's.. I ran into him at the hardware store in Hillbilly Bowl shopping center...lol

Board index » The Podium » Random Thoughts & General Banter
Jump to: