Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:29am - Jan 29,18 
I happened to find a brown wallet @ Navy Pier about two weeks ago on Sunday Jan 14,2018. Please contact me if you lose one, i need to verify some info before i return it to its owner. Thanks.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:29pm - Jan 29,18 
ll_aiia_ll wrote:
I happened to find a brown wallet @ Navy Pier about two weeks ago on Sunday Jan 14,2018. Please contact me if you lose one, i need to verify some info before i return it to its owner. Thanks.

??? Is this some kind of trick???
You found a wallet with no id in it? If lost...id, money, credit cards ect... would be there. Stollen - good stuff gone but...?

It's all about the fun! If you can't laugh at yourself, we'll do it for you.
Big Rods Fishing Team & Tacklebusters

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:52am - Jan 30,18 
Aiia, why don't you just grab the address off the ID and mail the wallet back to the owner? If there is in fact an ID in it that is.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:22am - Jan 30,18 
"Found a wallet 2 weeks ago" Makes an account on this site to make 1 post about it, 2 weeks later......seems legit.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:18pm - Jan 30,18 
pezdek1 wrote:
I

I need to be sure that wallet's owner is still live at the same address as in his driver license. Wallet still had money, id, credit cards in its.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:02pm - Jan 30,18 
Shesh Guys..... If you didn't lose a wallet don't contact him. If you did...then reach out. Simple as that. Thanks for taking the time to try to do the right thing. Sometimes its hard to get the right contact/cell info these days. You might call the credit card company customer service and they will likely have a contact number for him.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:29pm - Jan 30,18 
Surrender it to the chicago police and be sure to get a report number for the found property case report and invnventory numbers for the wallet and contents. There should be 2 inventories, one for the $ and one for the other items.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:53am - Jan 31,18 
Karloutdoors wrote:
Surrender it to the chicago police and be sure to get a report number for the found property case report and invnventory numbers for the wallet and contents. There should be 2 inventories, one for the $ and one for the other items.

I saw a chicago officer on that same day, told him i found a wallet and wondering if he can give it back to its owner. Then he told me he was "on call" <--don't know what that means and asked me go to Navy Pier office, they have "lost and found" box or something like that which i didn't do due to the facts: there were some cash, driver license, credit cards, and social security card also in the wallet. There were lots of personal info which i was afraid someone might take those.
I have been googled his name and found his facebook page, sent him a message and still waiting for him to reply since last week. Then i found this website with lots of Navy Pier topics, hopefully he is one of the members here

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:42pm - Jan 31,18 
The next time you're in Chicago , hopefully sooner than later bring it in to a police station or when in town call for a squad car to meet you with found property and get those report numbers. Otherwise as just mentioned, Call his credit card companies for him and cancel them. Inform them you are the finder and have his remaining items. They may take you're info and relay it to the owner. Don't quote me on that one though.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:56pm - Jan 31,18 
Ya know what I did once when I found a wallet with a license in it I drove to their house an returned it But instead of doing that You played games with it the last 2 weeks You could've saved this person all the aggravation of cancelling credit cards and getting them reissued an a new license If it was a suburban address should have took it to the local police station they would've got it to them or nearest police station to Navy Pier

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:58pm - Feb 1,18 
WOW cut the guy a break, he could have taken the cash thrown it it the water and the subject would forever be wondering if his info was out there. Some people have very busy schedules. And once I would a wallet, in a parking lot, in plain view of cameras, returned immediately to the store, manager wanted to know my name so i gave it, only to be contacted by owner asking where the cash was. I dont know what was in it, ids, credit cards , foid, I jjust brought it back in store. Then I get that call no wonder people don't want to do the right thing some times. Who knows where he lost it or how many others picked it up before me. Anyway karl outdoors is right just take to police station and turn in as found property.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:13pm - Feb 1,18 
Drivers licenses need to be updated within 10 days of moving so I'd be about 99% sure he still lives there and even if he doesn't the person that lives there probably will put return to sender. Put the whole thing in an envelope, mail it to the address and pat yourself on the back for doing a good deed. Even though he probably has canceled all his credit cards and got a new DL at least he'll have the peace of mind knowing his information isn't out there. I lost my Drivers license a few years back, didnt even know it was gone and one day got an envelope in the mail from someone with it in it. Who ever they were, I appreciated it. Please, drop it in the mail soon so the person isn't wondering if his identity is breached. Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:12pm - Feb 1,18 
Twice I've found wallets and both times I was able to slip it in the guys mailbox. Done deal.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:10pm - Feb 1,18 
I'm sure he a lready cancelled everything . Social security card in his wallet is his fault. Just make a fire and burn everything u did your part.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:20am - Feb 19,18 
I was told ,,, to just put it in the mail box , and the post office will deliver it to him ,,, Never tried it ,,, never found a wallet tho ,,,

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: