Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33am - Jan 23,18 
answer regarding Perch as cut bait . As stated in a earlier comment by IDNR resources Chief of Fisheries Dan Stephenson that you cannot use perch as cut bait regardless if brought from home the next day to be used . I also thought that was incorrect by the interpretation of the law by him . My friend just emailed the state on this question and received a email so he would have it in paper from Jed Whitchurch badge no 473 conservation police sargent region 2 district 4 lake Michigan area . Said you cannot use Perch as cut bait for the same reason section 810.35 ( B) I have used cut bait forever and think it is BS but I will no longer use it sad to say . I WAS WRONG

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:55am - Jan 23,18 
Those eyes from t

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:56am - Jan 23,18 
Those eyes from the perch are pretty durable if I remember days of my youth and bait was expensive. Worked good too.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:13pm - Jan 23,18 
bigfoot wrote:
answer regarding Perch as cut bait . As stated in a earlier comment by IDNR resources Chief of Fisheries Dan Stephenson that you cannot use perch as cut bait regardless if brought from home the next day to be used . I also thought that was incorrect by the interpretation of the law by him . My friend just emailed the state on this question and received a email so he would have it in paper from Jed Whitchurch badge no 473 conservation police sargent region 2 district 4 lake Michigan area . Said you cannot use Perch as cut bait for the same reason section 810.35 ( B) I have used cut bait forever and think it is BS but I will no longer use it sad to say . I WAS WRONG

Thanks for the extra effort and for sharing. Could save a number of people from potential grief next time out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:34pm - Jan 23,18 
I find that carp bellies work just as well and look similar too, especially up near the gill area.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:55am - Jan 24,18 
Buy some large minnows and cut them in pieces, do it all the time may have to bait up a little more often but it works just as well

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:45am - Jan 24,18 
www.asiancarpstrips.com

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:23am - Jan 25,18 
While the warning ticket may have been due to honesty with the DNR officer...please consider....

Without a confession, how would they know what kind of fish the cut bait came from?

They would have to produce fish DNA testing in court. I have cleaned a lot of fish over the years and I doubt I could
tell one fish's guts from another.

Also, has anyone ever seen a DNR officer return confiscated fish to the lake? I have seen an officer confiscate
fish, place them in a bag in the back of his truck, NOT returning them to the lake (as promised). His excuse was that
he was keeping them from being "scooped up" by unscrupulous fisherman....even tho it was dark and almost everyone
had left...let alone anyone bringing a net with a 10' long handle that would have stupid enough to retrieve them in front of
the officer.

That being said, I do support DNR officers.

Just food for thought....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:03pm - Jan 25,18 
why mess with cut bait and DNR officers... I caught most of my fish this winter on Zoom tiny fluke (albino). Nice and clean. Just put it on the hook like a regular minnow. One Zoom minnow will last you for several outings. Don't try it in saltwater, though. The fish will eat it. :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:34pm - Jan 25,18 
CrappieRigger wrote:
why mess with cut bait and DNR officers... I caught most of my fish this winter on Zoom tiny fluke (albino). Nice and clean. Just put it on the hook like a regular minnow. One Zoom minnow will last you for several outings. Don't try it in saltwater, though. The fish will eat it. :winker

All my perch this winter were caught on jigging raps. In the glow yellow perch color. Some were also caught on silver/char, but primarily the glow yellow perch.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:14pm - Feb 19,18 
Was out at 89th this past weekend. Guys talking about another guy that got a ticket using cut bait. DNR officer was checking to see what everyone around was using for bait. Specifically, looking for guys using cut bait. Seems using cut bait will now result in tickets/warnings. Just a heads up.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:52pm - Feb 19,18 
Gotta agree with Karl. No ticket issued no beef. They're doing their job and we should be thankful they're there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:49pm - Feb 19,18 
I'll jump in on the "why bother when kastmasters work better anyway" train

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: