Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:14pm - Dec 29,17 
Went out for the last time this year. Fished between 10:30 - 15:30. Only one other guy out there by the west entrance, I set up by the east entrance. I did not bring a weight with me, so I had to use the pipe from inside the garage, and I did not want to carry it too far. Things were pretty slow for the first two hours, it picked up for about one hour after the ice breaking ship passed by around 1 PM, then they slowed down again. As usual, kept only fish over 9", with three of them at 11", 14 fish total. Used cut bait, squid and cooked shrimp, all took fish, cut bait still the best (long lasting).

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:58pm - Dec 29,17 
Nice

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:16am - Dec 30,17 
Thats nice work, thanks for the update. Did you have any problem getting thru the Ice?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:25pm - Dec 30,17 
Treesnagger wrote:
Thats nice work, thanks for the update. Did you have any problem getting thru the Ice?

Not at all. Like I said, I did not bring my weight with me ( I keep it at work, and did not know I was going fishing last time I was there), so I used the pipe (it's a piece of pipe that can be found inside the garage, as you exit the east garage by the first exit east of the standard parking office). There were ticker pieces of ice bound together by thinner ice, less than one inch. Really easy to break that up. After the ice breaker passed thru, the wake that followed it broke the ice again in big ice sheets that were floating around with a lot of open water in between them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:34pm - Dec 30,17 
Enjoy those beauties. My mouth is watering just looking at them.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: