Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:44pm - Dec 17,17 
Fishing has definitely slowed down. Not nearly as many jumbos and it took three times as long to get our limit. They do look like they're getting fatter though since they had full stomachs after cleaning them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:16pm - Dec 17,17 
Glad to see things are going back to where they were a week ago, l will try to get my limit tomorrow.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:49pm - Dec 17,17 
Perching still good. Lots of small guys but an easy limit today. Largest 11". Many 8".

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:59pm - Dec 17,17 
What were the stomach contents? Like micro plankton or minnows? Thanks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:30am - Dec 18,17 
Definitely not either. They were more like little shells of shellfish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:18am - Dec 18,17 
November caught females exclusively w/empty stomachs. Weekend before last almost all males. Past weekend one female, all other males full of sperm and zebra mussel muck.....avoid cutting into either while cleaning your fish. Definitely fatter.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:00pm - Dec 18,17 
I have heard the perch are eating grass shrimp,anyone if this is true.? This summer I found a lot of Goby's in larger perch stomachs-I hope they eat em all.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:43pm - Dec 18,17 
How is the water clarity at navy pier, has it improved? Planning a trip tomorrow am, thanks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:09pm - Dec 18,17 
Twinstone wrote:
How is the water clarity at navy pier, has it improved? Planning a trip tomorrow am, thanks!

Much better water, the perch are biting again. Lots and lots of dinks, but you'll find some nice ones as well.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:46pm - Dec 18,17 
Thanks shaguna!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:15pm - Dec 18,17 
Haven't fished Navy Pier since remodeling it. Is there a certain parking garage(to get the reduced fisherman's rate?) that u have to park to fish. Do you need a special pass? I have in in numerous post that u have to be out of there by 10 A.M. or get charged full price. Before remodeling in the "Pier" in the early 90's you would be able to drive right up to the pier and put quarters in the parking meters . Got on TV a couple of times fishing there also. One time the weekend weather person on Channel 2 news(John Drummond) pulled up and used the pan shot from the road for that evening's 5 PM weather report. He we were included in it. He was very friendly and asked us how the fishing was. Was out there on Veteran's day(November)circa 1993 fishing at the eastern most end of Navy Pier by the Flags. Was a raw cold day but fishing was good. They did a veteran's day ceremony with a rifle salute and a reef thrown in the water. Kathy Brock from ABC-7 was doing the story and yet again we made the 5 PM news. She also talked to us and was interested on how we were doing fishing wise. KJK Valpo.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:55am - Dec 19,17 
KJK wrote:
Haven't fished Navy Pier since remodeling it. Is there a certain parking garage(to get the reduced fisherman's rate?) that u have to park to fish. Do you need a special pass? I have in in numerous post that u have to be out of there by 10 A.M. or get charged full price. Before remodeling in the "Pier" in the early 90's you would be able to drive right up to the pier and put quarters in the parking meters . Got on TV a couple of times fishing there also. One time the weekend weather person on Channel 2 news(John Drummond) pulled up and used the pan shot from the road for that evening's 5 PM weather report. He we were included in it. He was very friendly and asked us how the fishing was. Was out there on Veteran's day(November)circa 1993 fishing at the eastern most end of Navy Pier by the Flags. Was a raw cold day but fishing was good. They did a veteran's day ceremony with a rifle salute and a reef thrown in the water. Kathy Brock from ABC-7 was doing the story and yet again we made the 5 PM news. She also talked to us and was interested on how we were doing fishing wise. KJK Valpo.

Between 5 and 10 am you can get a special fisherman rate. Currently $6, you need a fishing license to get it. Park anywhere inside the garage, walk to the standard parking office located in the east garage, right next to the entrance

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:26am - Dec 19,17 
Fishing was good this morning at navy pier, it was packed especially for a Wednesday! Left with a limit of 9.5 to 12.5 inch perch, with mostly in the 10+ range. For those of you that want to skip minnows and cut bait, I recommend raw shrimp pieces, I've been doing real good on them. :winker

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: