Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:43pm - Dec 10,17 
was at my car leaving 87st and the dnr come up and checks me, i had 9 perch he asked was everything ok out there i said yes he said they got some guys today with 120 perch or more. he would only say in the 87st area.HOW DUMB IS THAT?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:04pm - Dec 10,17 
I think it happens more than we think it does. Glad to head they got busted tho. I heard a few weeks ago DNR showed up at navy pier and several guys took off running...guessing they weren't legal in one way or another.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:23pm - Dec 10,17 
Good! Poachers need to pay!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:26pm - Dec 10,17 
I saw a video on you tube the other day that a lady did on navy pier fishing and you could see the guy next to her pick up his stuff and start running when he saw the DNR show up.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:39pm - Dec 10,17 
I would like to know the size of those perch. When I was there last week I had a guy along side of me watch me catch some 5 to 6 inchers and as I threw them back he opened up a plastic bag and begin to throw back a bunch of real dinks into the slip. When I asked him what he was doing he said dont throw those big ones back, I want them. I told him what he did and what he wanted me to do wasnt legal. He picked and moved further down the slip. I bet this guy would have done the same thing,never got to 15. I also wonder how many guys dont have a license. I sure hope they hit these dimwits hard. Sometimes some of the regs are hard to understand, not these.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:54pm - Dec 10,17 
Kfishdoctor, i see that all the time out there too many people keep dinks. i have been there about 8 times now and the dnr has been there 5 times out of that. great job they are doing. they check everyone if someone is leaving they stop them. i hear they make soup out of the small one's. hope these are not the one's that i go by there report of limit's. hahaha

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:09pm - Dec 10,17 
Guy at Dusable got pinched for having 87 perch Saturday

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:05pm - Dec 10,17 
As if finding good fishing in Chicago wasn’t tough enough. I’m weary of all these scumbag poachers, dink takers, and slobs leaving their crap all over the lakefront. Keep it up and the steel company is going to strictly enforce the no trespassing signs. Why is it so hard to simply follow the rules?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:28am - Dec 11,17 
DINKS: My Two Cents...

I hear this same old tired story every year from fishermen who like to complain about nothing. Look at the small Perch that guy is keeping, that's B.S. "Dink" takers can take up to 15 Perch(Dinks) per day! It's legal to take 15 Perch per day "With License", Dinks or Jumbos(If you are lucky enough to get a limit of them), There is "No Size Limit" on Perch! I'm happy when I see guys take small Perch and leave some of the larger fish behind for me to catch; there is nothing wrong with that. I can hear the comments already; but, but, there isn't any meat on the Dinks, let them grow! What a load of B.S.!!! Whether you keep a Jumbo or a Dink, that's one Dead Perch, in fact, the Dink takers are helping those of us who are targeting larger fish. That's one less egg layer or breeder Perch that the Dink keeper is saving! The only problem I see is when guys keep more than there limit of Dinks, or larger Perch, other than that; thanks for leaving some of the larger fish for me to catch. If your to lazy to sort through a bunch of Dinks to get larger Perch or like to eat small fish, I will not hold it against you!

Tight Lines & Happy Perchin!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:28am - Dec 11,17 
well said tater

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:07am - Dec 11,17 
Now IL has something it hasn't had before, non resident anglers. I saw online posts from people far as Iowa making the trip, and I saw these Iowa guys at the pier, mean mugged me for one as I dropped a line 20 ft down from them, then all chanted "get any?" as I walked by, later on saw their post in multiple FB groups "we killed the perch at navy pier" with a picture of a tailgate covered in perch. It came off on me as disrespectful, suppose I should just get used to it.

Hopefully a surge in higher priced non resident fishing licenses will contribute to more DNR stocking.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:41pm - Dec 11,17 
tommy_tater wrote:
DINKS: My Two Cents...

I hear this same old tired story every year from fishermen who like to complain about nothing. Look at the small Perch that guy is keeping, that's B.S. "Dink" takers can take up to 15 Perch(Dinks) per day! It's legal to take 15 Perch per day "With License", Dinks or Jumbos(If you are lucky enough to get a limit of them), There is "No Size Limit" on Perch! I'm happy when I see guys take small Perch and leave some of the larger fish behind for me to catch; there is nothing wrong with that. I can hear the comments already; but, but, there isn't any meat on the Dinks, let them grow! What a load of B.S.!!! Whether you keep a Jumbo or a Dink, that's one Dead Perch, in fact, the Dink takers are helping those of us who are targeting larger fish. That's one less egg layer or breeder Perch that the Dink keeper is saving! The only problem I see is when guys keep more than there limit of Dinks, or larger Perch, other than that; thanks for leaving some of the larger fish for me to catch. If your to lazy to sort through a bunch of Dinks to get larger Perch or like to eat small fish, I will not hold it against you!

Tight Lines & Happy Perchin!

I could care less in the size of perch people keep. I agree that leaves bigger ones for others to catch. I was speaking on the culling of their already bagged perch. Most of those perch were dead when they returned them into slip and I am sure they started over with the count if they ever intended to count at all.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:18am - Dec 12,17 
if i was a dink taker i would just get a long handled net and sweep up all the throw backs and be done in 5 min. takes me all day to get less than my limit!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:43pm - Dec 12,17 
KFISHNDOCTER Would your name happen to be Wayne.?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:43pm - Dec 19,17 
wilbur wrote:
KFISHNDOCTER Would your name happen to be Wayne.?

No not me!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:48pm - Dec 19,17 
Saw some dimwits get busted again leaving 87th. Simple math 1 2 3________15 stop. 16 17 18_______ trouble and you deserve it

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:33am - Dec 20,17 
Can you park on LSD for fishing 87th or is that closed now for the city ordinance?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:05pm - Dec 20,17 
bloodsweatscales wrote:
Can you park on LSD for fishing 87th or is that closed now for the city ordinance?

YES....You can park on LSD just make sure you are in the parking zone

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: