Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:52pm - Apr 24,18 
I am thinking of going to stocking foot waders. While duck hunting, I have noticed they come out of the deep muck easier. My guess on why is more leverage on the wading boot. My foot twists in the traditional waders. A friend also said he has different boots for different wading environments. Please wade in with your thoughts. Thanks!

2016 Nucanoe Pursuit
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught!"
In case you are wondering, I sold the Grady. Oh well, everybody makes mistakes....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:14pm - Apr 24,18 
Boot foots are warmer. Stocking foot with separate boot provides better ankle support and are more comfortable if you’re going to be mobile. I use my bootfoots when I’m fishing from a boat or if it’s really cold and I’m not moving around too much like surf fishing fall steelhead. I’m terms of muck, I’ve had my boot pull off of my foot in stocking foot waders, it sucks pun intended. I don’t think there’s any easy solution to wading in boot sucking muck. Maybe save your money for a boat and a dog lol.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:48am - Apr 25,18 
I'm with southshore. I have bootfoot neoprene waders for when it's really cold. Bootfoots are definitely much warmer in cold water. I'm talking steelhead in middle of winter (dec-feb). I wear my stocking foot breathable waders the rest of the year. If I had to choose one I'd choose the breathable stocking foot just because most of my fishing/hunting I'm not standing in 30 degree water for extended periods.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:54am - Apr 25,18 
I used to spring steelhead fish as a child for many years in stocking foot waders and that was COLD. Once I got my first pair of boot-foot waders, I never went back. If water temp is a concern, you definitely want the boot foot. I would suggest taking the extra time to try on a number of pairs of boot foot waders and find the pair that fits your feet best. You can always wear an extra pair of wool socks if you find you foot slipping a bit to make them even tighter. Just my $0.02.

Board index » The Tackle Box » Check your Fly
Jump to: