Author
Search for:
Support Staff

Post Posted: 08:02am - Jan 9,11 
I have been getting the SA western style revolver itch again. Anyone have any experience, info or input on models, co's and such. Have been looking at ruger vaquero's as well a colt saa's but the colts are so expensive. Anyone seen any good deals lately?
Any thoughts?.

Ignorance and Apathy, I don't know and I don't Care. W.C. Fields

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:17am - Jan 9,11 
Hi Bear.The single action revolvers are fun to shoot for sure.I bought a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 mag. If your looking to stay true to the Old West type SA pistols then the Colt SAA is the gun for you,like you said though the price is high.Other options though that still retain that old school look would be the Ruger Vaquero,Beretta Stampede,and don't forget the Taurus Gaucho.The Gaucho features a "four click" hammer with half cock,and is approved for competition by the SASS.Remember not all these guns are drop safe,the hammer comes to rest on a cartridge if all six bullets are loaded in the cylinder.Ruger recalled all the old pistols before the "new model" design with the transfer bar they now employ. In any case,shooting these pistols are a lot of fun,and some would argue, despite being slow shooters,they can serve as home defense guns too!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:17pm - Jan 10,11 
I have been shooting my Ruger Blackhawk since 1965 and will shoot it again Wednesday. I have no idea how many pounds of lead i have cast for old faithful. It just keeps spitting out those .357 pills. Load 1 skip 1 load 4 and you are good to go.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 05:48am - Jan 12,11 
Thanks guys. I do have a super black hawk which I love but was looking into 45 colt caliber. Like the colt alot but with the price I could buy 2 new guns. Leaning towards the vaquero or stampede. Now regular or bisley grip?

Ignorance and Apathy, I don't know and I don't Care. W.C. Fields

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:57am - Jan 12,11 
Kev,

You have me looking now. The Stampede DeLuxe 5 1/2" Barrel .45 Colt Revolver is a good looking gun and has mostly positive reviews.

Attachment:
stampede.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:24pm - Jan 13,11 
Marc,

I found just the gun for you. A 1981 Colt SAA.

Chuck Connors' (aka THE RIFLEMAN) Colt SAA is up for auction. It is fully documented. He purchased this for his private collection.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =210154432

I loved this opening when I was a kid...

For those who never got to watch The Rifleman... http://www.riflemanconnors.com/

Pete

My Website - Damascus Barrels

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:22am - Jan 15,11 
You're dating us with the Rifleman Pete. That was one of my favorites. I like the leveler action with the trigger switch, always wanted one of those..... :scared

Bear and I were just talking about the Colts but the price point is a little out their for me. It's not enough gun to warrant the price IMO. For me that's a shoots gun and I can pick up two for the price of one Colt.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:21pm - Jan 15,11 
I'm a huge fan of the .45 colt... Having said that it can get very expensive to shoot if you are going to use it alot. .38's much cheaper to run. IMHO

Who's John Galt?

Board index » Game Bag » Guns, Slugs, Shot, & Black Powder
Jump to: