Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:42pm - Oct 23,17 
Hello everyone I have an upcoming hunt at moraine hills coming up in section A can anyone give me some tips where I should focus on and where would be a good place to place a stand? Any tips are appreciated. I hunted section A few years ago and saw a bunch of scrapes but no deer seen when I sat. Thanks for the input. :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:20pm - Oct 23,17 
Found this info on Morraine Hill deer hunting. Looks like stand locations are marked by DNR and there is a drawing to determine who gets which location. If allowed, do some scouting or try to talk to a bowhunter or two. This is the info from DNR.

Lottery: A mandatory meeting and lottery for specific hunting stations will be conducted at the site on Saturday, November 4th at 1:00 PM. Standby opportunities are available the Saturday and Sunday of the second season only, participants must also attend the lottery.
Hunting Stations: Hunters are required to hunt from elevated stands (6 feet minimum above ground) and within a 65 yard radius of the hunter station marker. Tree stands and climbing devices must be portable, may not cut or pierce the tree bark, but do not have to be removed at the end of each day. Pruning branches up to 11/2 " is allowed on the stand tree only.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:13am - Oct 24,17 
Im sorry I have bowhunting coming up not shotgun. But any tips are welcome :) :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:50pm - Oct 26,17 
I'll be in Section E this weekend.

I practice catch and release. Catch and release into the grease.

Board index » Game Bag » Antlers
Jump to: