Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:41pm - Aug 14,17 
I try and post this every year in case there are people out there that only want to buy a single either sex tag or just one tag for the entire year. The state forces you to purchase a antlerless tag with your either sex tag when you buy over the counter. With the mail in form, you can get that single either sex and save $15 in you don't want the antlerless tag. The state hates to publicize this because they want the extra money but by law they have to offer this tag. It does have to be postmarked by the end of the month.

Personally, I buy the over the counter combo and keep this one in pack just in case (well, hopefully when) that perfect scenario comes along and I shoot a 150" and then 15 minutes later, a 180" walks out!

https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Do ... ember1.pdf

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:43pm - Aug 14,17 
Thanks for the heads up. I just moved and forgot all about that tag. I too like having an extra buck tag in my pocket if I ever need one.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:40pm - Aug 23,17 
Just thought I'd bump this up in case anyone missed it before. You need to have it postmarked by the end of the month.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:08am - Sep 22,17 
Quick Question I filled out application and sent with money with about 2 weeks left at end of August I have not heard or received anything. Did you guys receive a tag? Thank you

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33am - Sep 22,17 
I may be misinterpreting what you're saying but I never had to buy an extra tag when buying an either sex tag over the counter.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:59am - Sep 22,17 
Over the last few years I haven't gotten mine until the last few days of September. They seem to take their sweet time to mail them out. I haven't gotten mine yet but hopefully will next week.

Bulldawg, this is for the archery tag. Illinois doesn't have an either sex only tag for Archery that is available over the counter. If you try and purchase an over the counter archery tag for either sex you are forced to buy a combo tag that includes an antlerless tag. They make this tag available via mail because of this. They have to make a single either sex tag (not including the antlerless tag) available by law but they lose money if they issue it over the counter so they won't do it and will only issue it this way.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:34pm - Sep 22,17 
BigB wrote:
Over the last few years I haven't gotten mine until the last few days of September. They seem to take their sweet time to mail them out. I haven't gotten mine yet but hopefully will next week.

Bulldawg, this is for the archery tag. Illinois doesn't have an either sex only tag for Archery that is available over the counter. If you try and purchase an over the counter archery tag for either sex you are forced to buy a combo tag that includes an antlerless tag. They make this tag available via mail because of this. They have to make a single either sex tag (not including the antlerless tag) available by law but they lose money if they issue it over the counter so they won't do it and will only issue it this way.

Thanks for the clarification

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:30pm - Sep 26,17 
Finally got the tag in the mail. Nothing really impressive on the trail cam yet.

Board index » Game Bag » Antlers
Jump to: