Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:09pm - Dec 6,15 
Sunday, second gun season still looking for my second deer on the season. Man do I hate having to hunt the bottom of the ninth. There is likely the possibility of extra innings mind you but it would be nice to sack#2 and take the pressure off.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:27am - Dec 8,15 
Turns out all I saw was 4 deer (3 doe & 1 buck) come hauling full speed around me at 0800 on Sunday at 70-80 yards and never stopped. Thiese have been the most frustrating gun seasons I've ever experienced. Certainly I was discriminating my potential harvest candidates rather heavily butnnonetheless a frustrating gun year in the books. Archery and late management seasons still possible but my not work out. I hope you guys were experiencing better results.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:05am - Dec 8,15 
We had 9 guys hunting our property in Pike county for 4 days of perfect weather, and only one buck taken. Not much seen at all. VERY frustrating gun season so far. :?

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:01am - Dec 8,15 
I can't complain about gun season because at 7:30 opening morning I killed a nice 8 pointer. However, aside from that guy I saw a doe the rest of first season. 2nd season I saw a monster 10 pointer that I couldn't shoot because my buck tags are filled and a doe. So in 4 days of gun hunting I only saw 4 deer. Not all that impressive but again no complaints from me.

Bow season was and still could be very good. I killed a nice 9 pointer and I am still getting a nice 8 and 10 pointer on camera. Just have to hope they are still around next year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:46pm - Dec 8,15 
I saw deer every time I went out second season but usually to far away or moving like a bat out of hell. While driving around at night I saw tons of deer in the field. Every afternoon hunt they started moving right at dusk. The deer got smart on us this year! I only got 1 but that's because I was guiding the little guys most of the time, they did alot of missing lol.

Board index » Game Bag » Antlers
Jump to: