Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:45pm - Jan 8,11 
all in all I cant complain . Archery season was slow for me although I did have a couple close encounters with an up and comming 3 year old . Let him walk twice just hope to see him next year . Never had a doe come on bow range . My budy that I share the lease with did however harvest a monster 13 pointer. He green scored 183". Hopefully I can get pictures uploaded. 1st and 2nd gun seasons were bad for me too . 0 deer for me and my buddy smacked a couple fat doe. Then comes muzzloader with the weather comming and a xmas party Saturday night I knew my time was limited. Climbed in the tree nice and early Saturday morning and to my surprise my luck began to change . Right about 10 after 7 a nice doe shows up @ 65 yrds gun goes off smoke clears and doe only goes about 40 yrds. Reloaded my gun sat back down and half hour later another mature doe. Knowing i have 3 tag ( 2 antlerless & 1 either sex ) I take her out of the herd also , but as I'm reloading my gun I suddenly see movement behind me . So i hurry to finish loading my gun , look up and see a dandy 8 pt comming to me. Wait for a clear shot and dropped him in his tracks , or so i thought. Gave him some time to expire and climbed down. 2 steps from the tree and my best deer ever gets up and trots off . Blood was good so I backed out and went to find my does and wait for help looking for my buck. Found both doe now to find my buck. Tracked good blood for about 100 yrds when we see the deer try to get up but he couldnt. I felt terrible but these big deer are tough so I shot him again . He then expired on the spot. Best deer I have ever harvested . Nearly a perfect 8 pt tall and wide. He now temporarily resides at Cliff's Taxidermy. Hope to get some pictures up , but computer has been acting up. Just remember for those of you who have tough times in the woods put in your time and you will be rewarded.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:10pm - Jan 10,11 
Awesome. Lets see those pictures!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:40pm - Jan 10,11 

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:41pm - Jan 10,11 
NICE!!!!!!!!

Twin Fins

Salmon Unlimited Member