Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:46am - May 23,19 
1st Lottery results are posted online. They got the results up about a month earlier than last year. Drew my first choice, got either sex and bonus antlerless only tags for 1st and 2nd seasons for a public land site in West Central Illinois. So pumped. Deer season can’t get here soon enough. Hope everybody drew what they wanted.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:48pm - May 23,19 
Link to check your permit.....

http://neonwebh.cmcf.state.il.us:8080/con/deerinq

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:20pm - May 25,19 
Thanks for the Link......got my permit Full season, either sex. Built a new tower blind, 6' x 6' x 8' high off the ground. sitting in my garage for past 2-months, can't get to the property as its surrounded by flooded fields. Going to be an interesting year for the farmers, corn prices and a late harvest if they ever get to planting.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:15am - May 26,19 
Yeah I’m interested to know how the crops will be this year as well. One thing I guarantee the fields will be planted just when is another question. They have planted them in June before but that means November still has standing corn or beans.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:21am - May 28,19 
Got my tags for Fulton but never really worried as there are still usually over a 1000 a few weeks before the season starts.

Our farmer just finally got out the last remaining corn from last year and discussed under about 20 acres of beans. Too many weeds and they were all laid down as well. He's not a very good farmer as pulling out crops the following year happens one every 3 or so years.

My gut feeling is corn will be planted in very limited spots this year if this rain continues for another week, Its just too wet in most places. I'm sure some farmers will plant corn into june and just absolutely pray for idea conditions. I do think its going to be be tough though. We'll see a lot of beans planted this year which won't help prices too much. I said it a few weeks ago, long corn calls as well as long bean puts. I have a feeling that is how the market is going to tend this year. Not a good year to be a farmer.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:16am - Jun 1,19 
Just checked the IDNR Site . I got my 3 Permits , for Iroquois Co. 2 Gun , 1 Mzl Loader . I haven't been to our farm yet . Hope the Farmers can plant . Last yr, was a Bumper Crop Yr, for them ...

Good Luck and Safe Trips ,,, Walldady >>--}-> , >>>###-------- ))-

Board index » Game Bag » Antlers
Jump to: